Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
marrakech
10 Posts
I wouldn't say it'll be hot - could be around 18 degrees, nice enough. For weather history, see the different years here
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/GMMX/2008/12/1/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Been in March and it was around 25 degrees, a bit cooler in the evening. Well worth a visit, and not a long flight or transfer. For the best feel of the city (and proximity to the square in an evening) stay in a riad in the medina.
We stayed in a riad in the old part of Marrakech and it was fantastic, there are so many to choose from and we just turned up on spec after deciding to cut our stay in Agadir short, stopping one night in the riad. To be honest we wished we had cut our stay in Agadir even shorter and spent at least a week in Marrakech.
Enjoy.
that sounds great ardath - what time of year did you go? we were thinking of a/i as we both enjoy our wine/beer and thought morroco was expensive for alchol. do you have an idea of the prices?
thanks
Sorry, not sure on the price of alcohol as we don't drink, but we stayed in a riad for £30.00 peak season for the night, having said that facilities are a tad basic, with some rooms sharing toilets/showers, but luckily we had en-suite. As I said we turned up on spec so am not sure how you would go about booking it ahead. Best to Google it and see what turns up.
Best of luck.
thanks for the info ardath. what time of year did you go and what was the weather like?
thanks.
We went July/August, and it was very, very, hot.
We were near the big square where the snake charmers perform close to the old souk, and would highly recommend walking around there at night after the heat of the day, it really is a fantastic place.
Truly Moroccan unlike Agadir, don't touch that place with a barge pole if you can help it.
Sorry just saw that you are asking about nov./dec.
Am not sure how warm it is then but should imagine it would not be hot.
Try Egypt if you want it to be warmer.
Just seen this thread I replied to a different one earlier. We went beginning of November it was definitely hotter than 18 degrees nearer 25 I would say, but then that is a month earlier. Regarding staying in a Riad I found ours on the Internet and booked before we went. It was quite a lot more expensive than the one mentioned here, and not at all basic, quite luxurious in fact! The whole holiday still worked out pretty cheap, quite a lot cheaper than packages I have seen. Can't really remember how much alcohol was, but I don't remember it being particularly expensive. You will find it hard to get alcohol during the day in the old city, but most of the restaurants serve it in the evenings.
never been under 20C in oct or Nov. Staying in the international hotel area will be good as they are basically half empty, riad, well you pay for what you get.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.