Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
monarch holidays [cosmos holidays] usualy were cheaper than thos.cook some times thomson would be cheaper but now both T/C and thomson have got very expensive compaired to other suppliers {IMOP}

yasus
wizard
its shocking the price difference, same flight day, same amount of days, same hotel and all inclusive with massive price difference :O crazy!! monarch it is then
That is a very large price difference! Just goes to show it pays to shop around :)
Looking forward to reading your hotel review on your return :)
That can also apply with the same TO. Last year youngest rang me at 8.50pm on a Tuesday to tell me they wanted to go away for a week - on Wednesday and asked for suggestions. Searching the net we agreed Cyprus with First Choice, a hotel and airport. I cannot recall the exact cost but as an example he got a price of £800 whilst I got one of £650.
The difference was I was online in Huddersfield whilst he was online in London. I sent him a link and when he used that then it was £650.
TOs are crafty. Knowing where you live (log on from) they offer a price based on demographics - live in London then you have more money to spend than someone 200 miles away.

fwh
That is crazy!

I know some companies do things with cookies but I didn't think that they would be doing something based on your location as well!

Good spot though :)
fwh - you are quite right.
We travel with some friends that live in Essex (im in Manchester) and when we look for holidays online, our choices have very different prices (thomson - dont know if it happens with other company's) and offers - say £50 off May to July - often appear on my computer but not on hers?
Yet when she goes into a TA shop she often gets a better price than I do here. I then phone her TA shop and book the holiday there.
Makes you think that if you live in London / south east ou should log in via a proxy server if you are going to cost up holidays
It should not be a surprise to anyone really. We are well aware of tracking cookies so from a business viewpoint all they are doing is making use of the technology. It is certainly worth getting someone to check the cost for you if they live up north. If the price really is cheaper then do as my son did and get them to send you the link.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.