Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
No, only wish I was. Where are you off to?
Sa caleta, staying in blanc Palace, i know its quite a quiet area, dont really mind as long as its nice and sunny!! :D

Have you been before?
Haven't been to Sa Caleta, but just got back from Cala'n Bosch on Saturday. We drove to Sa Caleta and past the Blanc Palace...it looked very nice. I notice you ask about the weather in another post, well whilst we were there we found it was getting hotter by the day, 37 degrees the day before we left. We didn't need cardigans in the evenings, but maybe you should take them just in case? Had a couple of showers whilst we were there but they were very short lived. Have a look at http://www.wunderground.co.uk if you haven't done already and get a ten day forecast for Menorca.
Hi Nicjw, omg............. :yikes was it really that warm?????? never been to menorca before hopefully we will like it, we have friends staying in Son Bou, you dont happen to know how easy it is to get there???

Cheers! :tup
Hi again, I really would urge you to consider a car, even just for a couple of days. We did it for the first time this year and once you get your bearings it's really easy to get around. They'll be no looking back for us now that we know the freedom it gives you. We drove to Son Bou from Cala'n Bosch and I'd say it took around 35 mins? So from Sa Caleta it'd probably be around 25 mins in the car, sorry don't know about the buses or how much in a taxi as we didn't use them. You basically have to head towards Cuitadella and follow the road that skirts around the town. Get onto the ME1 towards Mao, the main road that runs through Menorca, and all the other resorts are sign posted off here. Son Bou was our first trip out and we managed to find it really easily, nearby Santo Tomas is lovely too.
Hi thanks so much for the info, will look into hiring a car.hopefully wont be too expensive!!!

Looking forward to some sunshine!!!! :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.