Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
will you be hiring a car? there are plenty of things to see and do if you get out and about, cala n bosch is great for kids with two water parks, and goody goody park with amusements etc. i dont know cala blanes at all so can't comment on the entertainment there, but there should be enough going on to keep you occupied. I have read that calan forcat nearby is quite lively and touristy. i'm sure you will have a great time anyway. the trips advertised by the reps are very expensive, so if you want to do more than a couple, it would be cheaper to rent a car, we paid 99 euros for 3 days in a meriva, one trip would have been £30 each (x3)! driving is a doddle, even easier than majorca, parking and petrol are cheap too. the kids will love it and you can relax. you can have it as busy or as quiet as you want.
We stopped off at a place where you can go horse riding and/or donkey riding during the day (our kids went on the donkeys)

There was a large kind of arena with seating area there - so I am sure they put on an evening show involving their horses etc

They also had trampolines for the kids - can't remember the name of the place though

Also every Saturday night they have horse trotting races near Saint Luis (Mahon) which start at about 6pm - our kids love that (Upmarket greyhound racing with tote betting, bar and food available !!) It is popular with the locals and a lot of ex pats from what I could see

The glass bottom boat trips in Mahon are good fun for kids and adults - we went on the big yellow catamaran

There is a great maze at Son Bou and also a couple of waterslides next to it which kept my kids happy for a whole morning

Beaches, rockpools and fishing with nets keeps my kids happy the rest of the time

Almost everywhere in Menorca is driveable in an hour or less and it is so easy to drive over there - you must hire a car for a few days at least to get the best from the island
thanks very much for your replies....feeling a bit better about it now :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.