Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
hi,
the problem is most hotel rooms are only built for two beds, to fit another bed in is a bit of a squeeze , to fit two extra beds in almost imposible. i can sympathise with you but the hotel will make the most money from having the double rooms, so this is unlikely to change in the near future.

i used to work in son bou, and the hotel milanos pinguinos there used to have family rooms, with like you say bunkbeds in for the kids. Dont know if this is still the case as i think they have done a bit of refurbishing since i was last in a room there, but it could be worth a try!
When our kids got to that age, we gave up on traditional hotel rooms and went for an aparthotel, so that you had a bedroom plus sofa beds in the lounge, but still got half-board accommodation.

Personally I would resent paying full price for a "child" sharing our room anyway, but if you do get 2 adjoining rooms (Oh the bliss of having 2 bathrooms!) it still works out more expensive, than all cramming into one room.

No easy answer I'm afraid :cry:
HI, we checked out the Viva Menorca apartments, 1 bed apartment, fab reviews and you can upgrade to half board. I have the same problem as my son is 13. Hope this helps a bit . karen
Hi - we have stayed at the Almirante Farragut in Cala n Forcat. They have lovely spacious four bedded rooms. The bathrooms have twin sinks. They have air conditioning and fridges in the rooms. I can not fault this hotel it is a wonderful place. The service is marvellous. The staff are brilliant and they welcome returners with a Managers Special Party....... not bad customer service!!! Are going elsewhere for a change this year but could well be going back again next year.
  • Edited by kristell 2005-05-10 16:59:33
I have been to menorca 4 times and have 3 children 5, 10 and 12. We have stayed at the viva menorca which are rooms with a double bed in bedroom and a sofa bed in lounge area. Lovely hotel, excellent resort - Calan Bosch. Also stayed at The Casas del Lago aparthotel, also calan Bosch, you can go half board or self catering. We stayed there twice, once half board and once self catering. I would highly recommend both these hotels.
Teresa.
The lago garden apartments in cala n bosch (cosmos) have great one and two bedroomed apartments, and you have the advantage of being able to upgrade to half board when you get there for a cheaper price (they usually do pay for 5 nights get 7 nights) and the equivalent for 14 night durations. The location is excellent, and its a minute from the harbour if that (it actually overlooks it). Hotel run archery and shooting for the older child, and kiddy clubs (cosmos) and hotel kids activities. You can book some great lates here with cosmos from as little as £99 per person for a week depending on when, and of course how short notice you can go. (usually stansted or gatwick flights).

Hope this helps, im off again there on friday for the 7th time!!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
Thanks so much for all your replies, it has been a great help. I think i will look at the reviews for these and book one of them for next year, thanks again.

Niki

Happy holidays carolineallen, let me know how you get on!
You are welcome - I would suggest that you book four bedded rooms as early as you can as they do get snapped up. We always book about a year in advance.
If you look in first choice brochure Menorca pages, there are quite a few hotels that sleep 4 adults, happy searching. karen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.