Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
marjrie - hubby & I are both in our early 50's & have been to the Riviera Maya twice, both times to the Riu Tequila. ( I have done a hotel report on here) It is part of a complex of 3 hotels - & you can use the facilities of all of them. a 5min taxi ride takes you into town if you fancy a change. There are some good trips if you like that sort of something. I would certainly recommend Mexico.
You'll find reviews for the Club Hotel RIU Tequila and other hotels HERE :)
Hi, i would recommend the Playacar area too, we stayed at the Riu Tequilla last year and there was a mix of people. My parents are in their 50s and always stay in that area....it seems really safe and theres no high rise hotels like in Cancun.

Happy hols :tup

Jo
Have a look at this hotel- it's wonderful.
Don't know what your budget is....
http://www.realresorts.com/The_Royal_Cancun/
If you are going in September you are out of peak season for weddings and school holidays..
Some great deals to be had at the Riu Palace Mexico, plus you can use the other Riu hotels facilities in the vicinity. In fact we booked back in January of this year, and the price is cheaper now than it was then. Not to happy about that neither.

If you look on TA forum for Mexico, the palace gets rave reviews from our frinds across the pond, and we all know they like a good moan, so it must be good.
I would defo recommend the Royal Playa del Carmen and it's sister hotel Royal Cancun - SUPERB! The best thing is you can trade nights and spend time at each.
Can't wait until we go back in September.

Denny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.