Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Mijas Pueblo
17 Posts
Hi Dark Isle. Stayed at Mijas Pueblo (La Ermita) in January this year and sunbathed in glorious sunshine every day on the terrace. April will be much, much warmer and an ideal time to visit. All the bars and restaurants (see link) will be open (as they were in January). Congratulate your wife on her good taste.
http://www.mijas-villas.com/restaurants.htm
I couldn't agree more with TA78. It is the best time of year to be here, nice and warm and the flowers are all out and it is truly beautiful and not so many tourists. There is some good info here: http://www.casacaleta.com
That's it !! I'm convinced. Thanks very much folks.

Mijas Pueblo here we come. There seems to be more on offer than I first imagined.

I'll get the camera & video dusted off, seems like a photographers paradise.
Don't want to be a killjoy, but if it is cloudy Milas Pueblo cannot be seen from the coast; buried deep in cloud.

Alan
Yes and sometimes it is sunny in Mijas Pueblo and cloudy on the coast. To be up in the village and watch a sea mist roll across the beach and engulf the coastline is truly spectacular.
sometimes it is sunny in Mijas Pueblo and cloudy on the coast.

Yeah, and sometimes you can see flying pigs.

Alan
What is your problem?
I live in Mijas Pueblo and the weather you referred to in trying to put someone off coming here is a rare event. Earlier in the year, about the time that the person was talking about coming here, there was more than a week of early morning sea mists that engulfed the coast and didn't reach us at all. We were bathed in sunshine.
So please do not infer that I am lying when I am trying to be helpful.
Please!

Let's get back on track. Accept the facts, or at least respects one and others opinions/views.

Kath HT Admin
Just to add my two penneth. I think both have made fair comments. We went to Mijas in February and we woke up a few times to thick cloud. Got in the car and once down the hill it was clear and warm. We have also witnessed the fog engulf Fuengirola whilst the weather in Mijas was glorious.

We are going back in Feb again and as for restaurants DarkIsle, go to El Capricho. Family run, wonderful service and the best steak I've tasted on the costa.

Cheers
John
We go to Mijas pueblo every year, we have a time share at La Ermita.
We have never been in mid winter only June & November. We have seen both the clouds up the mountain and clear on the coast and the other way round.
We have been going to Mijas pueblo for over 10 years and love it.

Different topic but anyone no how the building work is getting on at La Ermita and the rest of the village. When we were there in June there was a bit of building going on. Phase 3 is due to start at La Ermita soon , as it started yet ?
Cannot say about Ermita but the road improvements around the area where the donkeys are is pretty much finished and they have re-laid the road in time for the Feria which starts next week.
From the Fuengirola road it looks as if they are working on Ermita but I don't want to mislead you.
Thanks for the info, maybe if you hear anymore you could post it.

The feria is great we were there twice. I loved it, all of it.
I no some the locals find it a bit much when they have to get up for work , but we loved it. Apart from the traffic. :roll:
We stayed at the apartments down by the garage the ones over the resturants , so were out of ear shot when we wanted to go to sleep :lol: We parked the car at the back on the road.

But if anyone is in the area it's a sight to see. :)
Yes and sometimes it is sunny in Mijas Pueblo and cloudy on the coast. To be up in the village and watch a sea mist roll across the beach and engulf the coastline is truly spectacular.

Yep, I have been in Mijas many many times and seen the sea mist roll in on the coast....and we've been bathed in glorious sunshine in Mijas :wink:

I'm here, staying in La Carihuela and yesterday afternoon the sea mist rolled in as quick as Jack flash...we were actually on the beach.
One minute it was sunny and the next you couldnt see your hand in front of you....
Alonso who has a stretch on the beach (sunbeds) has obviously seen it all before and he brought (towed) everyone who was out at sea on his hired pedalos back in.

The sun was fighting to keep the mist out on the sea, and it managed it, but come sunset, it was like a November day here with the mist coming further inland...except it was still hot enough to walk around in shorts and a filmsy top at midnight. :lol:
Very spooky :wink:

Sanji x
Weird wasn't it. I took a photo of it and from here Fuengirola looks like a foggy mid winter morning in the UK and it was 35 degrees C.
Charlie, I popped into Ermita yesterday and phase 3 has started, the foundations are in and there is some steelwork too but they are not working on it at the moment. The person I spoke to on reception didn't know when work would resume. Not much help I'm afraid.
Had an absolutely fabulous day in Mijas today, it was hot :lol: touching 37 degrees centigrade....phew
The feria is on until tomorrow and the atmosphere was electric.....Spanish music, loads of Spanish eating and drinking, the fun fair and the Andalusian horses and riders on display...plus all the little senoritas, senoras and senors dressed up in traditional costumes.

Blinkin fantastic, only wish we could have gone back tomorrow night to see the finale and the fireworks, but sadly I'll be on a plane home, but hope to show you all a video ASAP.

Mijas must be one of Gods heavens on earth. :wink:

SanJi.x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.