Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Missing Luggage
13 Posts
I am not 100% sure but I believe the baggage has to be missing a bit longer.

Will see what I can find out for you Jinty.

Kath x
Thanks Kath, will send you a pm to catch up when I get 'organised'......

Janet
xx
Hi Janet

Have a read of the following. I thought it was a few days, but looks like its actually 21.

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=306&pagetype=90&pageid=3316

Kath x
With BA it is 39 days before it is considered "lost".

My daugheter's bag was lost between Manchester and Gatwick. She was flying on to Canada for a three month back packing holday. The bag was found at Gatwick on Day 37 (it having ended up in Jersey!!!) but it did not catch up with her in Canada until day 45.

She is now back home and battling with BA for compensation as she had to replace the entire contents of her rucksack including buying a new rucksack. When her luggage caught up with her she had to give away the rucksack she bougt as she couldn't carry two so I don't know what BA will have to say about that.

I hope you are soon re-united with your luggage and it is in tact.

Mandy
They gave us a slip of paper which says we must make a claim within 21 days, nothing about min. days, but to be honest I just want my cases back............

Thing is Mandy, there were about 40 of us who didn't get any luggage so surely they can track that amount! We were told 'they forgot to put a full truckload onto the plane and it's still in Larnaca'.

Unfortunate thing is that Wed., was basically the end of flights to Scotland from Larnaca and it would have to go out of Paphos. Now we all know what Paphos airport is like so I won't hold my breath!

Will update when it finally arrives.

Cheers,
Jinty
Oh flipping heck I hope you get the luggage before too long.

Kath x
Hi Jinty,
Which airline was this??
Go to the website of the airline you travelled with and check their info about lost luggage. They are sure to have something there.

Louby
Thomas Cook, I did check their website but non-commital information on it......

cheers,
Jinty
Luggage finally arrived Monday, not quite the 48 hours quoted...........

Cheers,
Jinty
Great, must be a relief.
Yes Judith, as long as I don't turn round and look at the pile of ironing........ :lol:

Cheers,
Jinty
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.