Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
hi kat welcomr to HT

have you read the Members Reviews yet????

wizard
Hi, we have been twice. We only had 1 child at the time and they put in a folding bed for him but it was quite comfortable and there was plenty of space. Its possible that they would give you a larger room with 2 kids.

We liked the hotel, although it is a long way from Rhodes Town and the airport. Lindos is close, as is Lardos and both have loads of places to eat for a change of scenery. The entertainment is good, especially for kids - they have a log cabin in the grounds that houses the kids club. It runs 6 days a week, twice a day and they have a little disco in the evening before the main entertainment starts. The staff are all very friendly (apart from a couple of snooty receptionists) and all the waiters and waitresses live locally so you are getting proper greek hospitality, not like some of the hotels nearer the Town who have eastern european staff who are less friendly.

The only problem we have ever encountered is a tendency to overbook, in which case they may try and send you to another hotel for a couple of days. This depends on who your TO is, they do not do it with On The Beach for example, but it used to be rife with Sunstar. The usual excuse is that a german airline has been delayed. Do not accept this. The best way to avoid this is to contact your TO before you go and say that you have heard about this issue and that you cannot be moved as you are travelling with 2 kids. Once they know you are wise to it they should not try it on. If it does happen once you are there stand your ground and make them move someone else. It happened to us the second time. We were moved for the first night over the road to the Maris, but to be honest we were curious so were happy to go along with it for a nose around another hotel which is just over the road.

Despite what I have just said don't worry, you will have a great time. PM me for more details if you want.
hi ninkynonk,thanks so much for advise i went to thomas cook and asked about the overbooking situation and they assured me that we would not be moved,also she said thatt the room we have is a four bedded room so will be more than big enough.thank you so much again for the advise.kat
I think the overbooking only happens on cheap internet deals, they wouldn't dare try it with Thomas Cook. You will get a proper rep in resort as well so that will help. We booked online and you get what you pay for. One thing though, have you booked a transfer with Thomas Cook? It is likely to take a long time if you are on a coach with multiple drop-offs. Its about 50 mins in a taxi and may be worth considering, especially if you are getting in at night. The taxis are plentiful at the airport and the price is quoted upfront and is set by the government so you can't be ripped off. I can't remember exactly how much as the last time we went to Kiotari was in 2005, I think it may have been about 45 euros.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.