France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Suggest you start by looking at Keycamps/Eurocamp brochures for ideas.

Patka
Thanks Patka,
I have done loads of research but seem to have too many options. Although experiences differ, recommendations can sometimes be good!
Have a look at Des Menhirs at Carnac. All the camping companies go there (Keycamp, Eurocamp, Canvas, Matthews, French Freedom) and the site also has some good accommodation of its own. We were there with Eurocamp in 2006 with a 2.5 year old and nearly 6 year old and it was great.
The beach is less than 5 minutes walk and lovely but there's an even better beach about 5 minutes drive and the centre of Carnac Plage is 5 minutes walk. There's a big supermarket very close (within walking distance) and the town has lots of places to get pizza, steak, burgers, etc plus lots of bars.
The site itself has a small shop, a takeaway, pools, a bar, tennis courts, a children's play area, etc. There is entertainment in the bar in the evenings but we never bothered with it and weren't aware of it at our caravan (we were at Chateau Des Ormes last summer and the noise from the entertainment could be heard all over the park).
The surrounding area offers lots to see and do and we had a great holiday there.
Thanks Elaine,
That pretty much sums up what we are looking for. I'll give it a try. :)
Siblu have two great parks in the Vendee - I'm not sure if you would be able to get 3 statics besides each other.

:cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.