General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
fwh,

Never had that problem with Vodafone when renewing my contract (thanks for the reminder, it's up at the end of May!).

Darren
First time it has happened to me as well - thought it was because I had new phone and it was that. Still it is always worth bearing in mind.

fwh
My phone is with Virgin too. We've never bothered about using mobiles abroad but last summer we were going on holiday 36 hours after my dad was having a triple bypass and heart valve replacement so having a usable mobile was necessary. We phoned Virgin to check before we went away and it turned out that the international and roaming bars should have been lifted automatically 3 months after the contract started but for some reason it had been missed.
I switch to virgin last year a month before I went away but was told I could have the roaming on until I had been with them for 3 month's for what reason I don't know.
To prove you pay your bills on time and in full.......just in case you go abroad run up a huge bill and then don't pay perhaps :think
With Virgin you can use the phone abroad in the first 3 months if you pay a £150 deposit.
The problem in my case was that the Roaming had not been activated when I renewed the contract. As I said mistakes can happen so my intention is to warn people to check before you go - just in case.

fwh
i work for orange and we always say to call us before you travel. Sometimes doing a manual network search will make your phone work. the orange website has all info for our customers, if not call 450 (pay as go) or 150 (contract) from your phone or 07973100450/07973100150 from a landline. when you call we go threw all info.
Remember though whenever you are abroad the network is never guaranteed.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.