Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
We just returned from the Oceana on Saturday and there were several mobility scooters onboard. In the cabin there was both a 110v US style and 13amp 220V UK socket.

Even on ship where there has only been 110V US sockets in the cabins, there have been UK style sockets in the corridors and at reception.

luci :wave
Thanks Luci last time we cruised we took wheelchair but hard work on land so really want to take scooter next year.
I word of warning if you take a electic scooter on a cruise ship. If it brakes down in anyway you are on your own to repair it Nobody from any cruiseline will help you to get you going again. The best you can hope is that some cruises will loan you a manual one at a cost. :really
Haven't taken a scooter or wheelchair from home but last September we were on the Grand Princess and my dad, who is on oxygen, found the days out difficult in the heat, so we borrowed a manual wheelchair and there was no charge.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.