Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
If you have the time and the inclination, the link below will take you to hundreds of reviews of the Moon Palace by people who have stayed there and will tell you absolutely everything you could possibly want to know about this highly-rated hotel.

http://tinyurl.com/24zym

HTH
If you want to seek out reviews on vacation properties this is an excellent site http://www.tripadvisor.com. I have not been at Moon Palace myself, but know people who have. They loved it.
i know lots of people that have stayed there and not one bad word about it.. you'll have a fab time there
Has anybody stayed in either of these hotels in Cancun.
My 5 friends and I are planning to go on 30th August for one week and not sure which one is the better hotel.
looks like Tucancun is better from reviews I've checked so far but wud appreciate any other adivce please......thanks.
Also, i have seen that Tucancun is 3o mins away from the clubs and Flamingo is 20mins by taxi to clubs.
Can anybody shed some more light on this.

Also, does anybofy know anything about the weather around this time too.
My friend was querying whether or not it would be hurricane season from 30th August till 7th September??

Cheers.

Oni.
Pickles
You'll love it. I've just come back from nearby and my friend (who works at the H O of one of the biggest holday companies was out at the MP at the same time as me. He always stays there and says it is one of the best hotels in the world in his view - and he should know he has been to most of them over the years.
Have a good time. Incidentally the weather is great out there at the moment. 8)
Hi

We're staying at the Moon Palace at the end of Jan. I'd heard that even though they have lots of restaurants (about 11) only 3 were all inclusive, and you have to pay at the rest. Can anyone confirm this for me please?

Thanks
Hi Oni

Me and hubby stayed at the Tucancun Beach Hotel for our honeymoon in August 04 and it was a fantastic place. VERY clean, right on the beach, very helpful staff, good choice of food, opposite a shopping centre and not too far from the nightlife.

I would certainly go back here - I'm saving already!

Donna :gluck
Pickles,
When in june are you going as I am out there for my hooneymoon from 18th of june. Done lots of research on this hotel and my travel agent had her hooneymoon there in september and all reports are good. The only problem she says is that there is a lot of walking which may be a good think with all the drinking and food!! She said ask for the nizuc side as it is alot quieter and more chilled out but its your call and its the side that hasn`t reopened after hurrican wilma as yet!!

XXGavinXX
Kitty Kat,
All of the resturants are in the all inclusive but a few you have to book and the men have to wear long trousers. Some you turn up and they give you a pager and will page you when a table is free!! This info came from my travel agent who was at the hotel in september!! Have a great Holiday and don`t forget to review the hotel for those of us going later on in the year!!

XXGavinXX
If anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Many Thanks.

Pippy :D
We went here a long time ago, May 2000 IIRC, the hotel complex is very nice however, we had all sort of bother with the food and subsequent illness on our first few days and as such we'd never go back. THe moon palace beach/sea is not the best and if you fancy a bit of beach time you would be better off going to one of the sister hotels on the strip and using their beach in the nicer part of the beach/sea. We wandered up the hotel strip area and thought it was tacky.
This is just our opinion of course and we appear to be in the minority with our thoughts on it ;)
All i have to say about the Moon Palace is that it is a great place to stay ! you will not be disappionted! :D
My husband and I went to the Moon Palace/Sun Rise in 2001 and had the best holiday ever, I agree that the beach is full of sea weed so we tended to stay at the pool, the staff were out of this world, it was my birthday when we were there and I had a birthday cake brought to my room, totally unexpected, Christian who worked in the Italian/breakfast restaurant even gave me a hand made birthday card, would go back tomorrow, only negative is it is a bit too far out from nightlife in Hotel Zone.
Hi

We're planning to go to the Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort for our Silver Wedding in 2007 and wondered if anyone had been there? We are planning to go in May and wondered what the weather would be like in particular the humidity.

cheers. :lol:
Hi Juicy

I've merged your post with the existing topic :wink:

For weather related questions/replies, please use the Weather topic HERE to prevent the Moon Palace one from straying off-topic.

Many Thanks.

Pippy :D
Has anyone been to the Moon Palace after the hurricane. I'm anxious to know how the repairs are coming on as I am due to go at the beginning of June.
I'd love to hear your reports.
boltonlass
I am going to cancun in june and have been researching all review sites theres one with lots of photos of the grounds around the hotel and it looks as though there is still a bit to do but should be all complete by April. The reviews are a bit mixed though coz they only have 50% of rooms open and are still doing lots of work to the rooms. my calculations are that we should have everything back to normal by the time june comes at the hotel but outside the hotel my be another story like other palace hotels that we could have visited not being open!! Hope this helps would put the site on here but I don`t think this site would be pleased!!
XXGavinXX
Gavin

Thanks very much for your reply. I've got my fingers and toes crossed that everything will be fine for June. I think I know which site you are referring to as I've been doing my research too as this holiday has been booked since last August. We go on 4th June till 18th June flying from Manchester. 8)
boltonlass
We may be passing at the airport then in cancun!! Have a good trip if the weathers nice make sure you leave some for me!

xxGavxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.