Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Tel

Glad you had a good time Tel. :P I didn't want to over praise it when you asked before. I have kept in contact with the owners daughters and son and was a bit worried my friendship had clouded my judgement. Like I said in my review, I think the only reasons it has only one star is the fact that is does not have a lift and there is no air conditioning in the bedrooms.

Can't wait until I go now. Glad to hear your opinion because I'll have my family with me this time. Bet you wished you'd booked two weeks now?!

All the best

Karen
Meant to ask. Did you manage to park your car OK?
I am pleased that you had a goodtime at the Moreyo. We had half board but we would go b& b next time, as choice was very limited and staff slow to replace items. Did you manage to park your car OK?
:sun Hi you two, we did have a few car parking problems, a couple of times i had to park it behind the london inn, most of the time we got it by the side of the hotel, got a bit worried yesterday as we had a car parked in front and behind and they were both literally touching the bumpers, that was the only problem we experienced, at breakfast the fried and scrambled eggs and beans all went quickly and they were a bit on the slow side replacing them but it was mainly after 9.30 when most people had already eaten and some people did unfortunately take eat all you can to heart, i saw one couple take 3 fried eggs each and left the tray empty so i had to wait then but not too long, they obviously just did'nt care and yes i did tell the husband what i thought of them and wished them a happy day, but all in all i will definetly stay there again. cheers Tel. :glynis
:fish Hi tippi, forgot to mention, yes i wish i could have got more time off work and gone for 2 weeks, but nevertheless one week was better than none, and as said i will be going back again, hope you enjoy your time there, cheers Tel. :fish
Thanks Tel

I'm sure I will. Like I said I feel better talking to you and Calabona girl. My mother left it to me to decide on where we are staying and although I was pretty sure it would suit her and my aunt, I wanted an independent opinion. I'm really in the holiday mood now, 3 weeks to go!

We had always stayed in the Hotel Sur before (the Pago bar) but it used to be more like the Moreyo. Just a hotel with a bar at the front. Now, I think they have cut costs with cleaning etc to pay for the extra staff in the bar and entertainment. By staying at the Moreyo, you can use the Pago's entertainment facilities and still have a nice clean environment!
:P :P
:hyper Hi Tippi, we got talking to two elderly ladies in the pago pago they were staying at the sur, they paid £319 each for b&b with i think thomson but also had to pay extra for transfers and in flight meals, i always thought a package holiday was inclusive of meals, transfers etc but apparrently that is the not the case anymore, although they were happy with their accommodation it did cost them with transfers etc over £750 together, when i told them it cost me approx £350 for my wife and myself inluding car hire i converted them to staying at the moreyo next time, incidentally have you booked your flights yet, http://www.ba.com are doing some great prices our flights cost £139 return for both of us that's less than £70 each although that was night flights including complimentary drinks and a meal, have a good hol. cheers Tel. :glynis
Hi again, forgot to mention the only fault there could be for you is if you get a room on the top floor there are only 3 floors but maybe pose a problem for your mother and aunt as there are no lifts, but if thats the case they will i am sure change your room. cheers Tel.
Before I went I e mailed the Moreyo and asked for a low floor and received a lovely reply from Carolina confirming what I required. I am sure if you want a low floor it would be no problem.
Thanks Tel and Calabona Girl

I emailed Carolina and she emailed straight back. I am not bothered about the floor for me and the girls but she is going to put my mum and my aunt on the first floor (if only because I'll worry about them after a couple of brandys)! :P :P
Dagnrabbit - I think with Thomsons it depends when you book/how much your booking is as to whether you get transfers included or not - my Mum & Dad have recently returned from Tenerife - their transfers were included but the inflight meals were optional at £10 each (from memory).

They never eat inflight meals so didn't bother booking them BUT if you don't have inflight meals you have NO say where they seat you on the plane! :cry:

Glad you were able to get something sorted for your Mum & Aunt,Tippi.

Tis
Thanks Tis

Just wish it was as easy to sort the kids out :?
Please, does anyone know the email address of Moreyo Hotel Cala Bona.
We going there in July. First time to Majorca and really looking forward to it.
Thanks.
Hi bellaboo, and welcome to HT :wave
Unfortunately, I dont have an email address, but you can contact them direct through their site HERE

However, not sure if you will get a response during the winter season.

HTH
Kath HT Admin
Thanks Kath. I have tried to send email via their site, but it will not send. I must be doing something wrong. It doesn't actually give the email address, thats why I was asking. But thanks for help anyway.
The hotel is closed until May - we're going at the end of May for 2 weeks. Sorry can't help with email address I sent my email via the site - seemed to go thru' okay but hasn't been picked up with hotel being closed.
No email address but hope these help

+34 971585921 Phone number

+34 971813206 Fax number
Thanks Tisonlmoi and Jade. I could try again through the site but will leave it until May.
I have stayed at the Moreyo, they close for the winter and only reopen in May email address is http://www.hotelmoreyo.com/ I would leave it nearer to the time I am sure you will have alovely time. CBG
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.