Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I don't usually use repellent but if I did I would do after sun first then repellent. I always use after sun straight after my shower so anything else would have to come after. I spray lemon cologne on before I go out.
Yes, I would do the same as Kedi. I don't use an actual insect repellent as such either - I use Avon Skin So Soft dry oil spray, which for me, doubles up as my after-sun moisturiser anyway, but if I was using two separate products, I'd do the after-sun first and then the insect repellent just before I ventured out.
Yep i use aftersun/moisturiser frst then apply mossie repellent.
I buy the aftersun with the insect repellent in it from Boots!
Problem solved!!
I asked a similar question last year regarding mozzie spray but found on holidaying for 2 wks there was no need for any spray,so not going to bother this year. :cheers :sun2
Well for some reason evil little mozzies love love love me, and have a homing device for me no matter what insect stuff I have on or not as the case may be and bite the living devil out of me. Whilst in Jamaica after the stuff I bought in UK did not work at all and was being bitten a lot, I bought some bug spray from a garage next to the hotel in Jamaica, and it was very good, odour was not great, but toss up between odour and more bites, you can guess which I went for.

My son who was travelling with me, used nowt and for nearly all the holiday they flew passed him to get to me :que but ...ha ha (evil Mum I know) he did get bitten on the last few days. I did buy afterbite which I used all the time to put on bites and it did stop me from itching,so that was one good thing.
Aftersun first (as unperfumed as possible). Let it soak well in, then a good dose of Jungle Formula (or something of a similar strength).
Thank you everyone - we will stick to after sun first, repellant second!

Cheers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.