Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Mossies in May?
7 Posts
yes the season has started so if you suffer badly it would be wise to take something.
Avon do a moisturising oil in a pink bottle called "so soft" and this works as well as any proper repellant that I have seen and smells better.
Big Chiv
It's the so soft in a blue bottle, it contains citronella, the pink one doesn't.....I believe it used to be called woodland fresh or summat like that.
http://avonshop.co.uk/product/bath-and-bodycare/skin-so-soft/skin-so-soft-soft-and-fresh-dry-oil-body-spray.html

Sanji
It did used to be called Woodland Fresh, and it works! It has to be the Dry Oil version for some reason. I've just this week ordered 2 as they are on offer for £3 each instead of £5.
This topic may be worth checking out for further recommendations:
MOSQUITOES : advice, insect repellants, bite remedies, Q&As

David :wave
Sanji,
a guest left both behind and raved about how good they were. I used the blue/green and the wife the pink one and both seemed to work although she hardly ever reacts to them anyway.
We got a friend in the UK to send us a supply but only got the pink ones so I'll try that and if I get bitten I send off for an emergency delivery of the blue stuff :)
The green/ blue SSS is the only thing that works for me.
I get eaten to bits and tried all sorts .
I wouldn't go to Spain without it.
Start using it very early evening.
Makes your skin soft after being in the sun too. LOL
We are off on Saturday for 2 weeks in Mijas pueblo and the sss is packed .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.