Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Hi

I am thinking of hiring a motorhome for 2 people leaving the UK to Southern Spain in Mid June

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
As for hiring a M/H I can't really help
as for driving one obviously you have to make sure you can drive it on your UK licence regarding weights and you need to be comfortable driving on the continent a lot of M/H are left hand drive so it's a little easier than driving in the gutter as I do towing the caravan through France and Spain

On the continent M/H users have the added advantage of special aires usually in villages that are free to use for a night some even have electric for a small charge (know of one place just South of Royan which is on a marina)

Any other questions regarding Continental touring I may be able to help you
No problem Pat wish I could be of more help
Hi Pat,
Last year we hired a chauffeur driven motorhome and toured France and Switzerland for three weeks. The cost worked out better than self drive and the service was fantastic. All food and drink onboard is at cost price. David, the chap that runs the tours, cooks and serves all your meals, cleans the motorhome, makes your bed and basically waits on you hand and foot. The Motorhome he uses is a top of the range Autotrail Chieftain, six berths, with a large en-suite bedroom, really ideal for a couple. It was the best holiday me and the mrs have ever been on. If you want David's details just Google 'chauffeur driven motorhome tours' the name of the company is Euro Motorhome Tours.
Regards
Beckford.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.