EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
There is a company that advertises in the paper - Go Worldwide (formerly Union Jack Removals).
http://www.goworldwidesl.com/
Hi Gordon, when we moved over oursleves, we used Bargate International. We originally had quotes from a number of firms, including Pickfords - who were out of date with information as well as being the most expensive. In the end, Bargate persuaded us they knew the system inside out for the Canaries - and they didn't let us down. Total damage was one broken lasagna dish (old and fragile anyway), and around 3,000 UK Pounds - for a full three-bed house.

They got our things out within a fortnight of us giving them the go-ahead (they'd been storing for us in the UK - it's cheaper than storing here) and got the container waved through Sta Cruz customs with not one cent extra charge (some of the horror stories ... !).

I think they're based in Northampton, and that they use a shipping agency - certainly they have an agent in Sta Cruz de Tenerife. Anyway, their main contact number is 01604 679500.

Hope this helps - we've recommended them (no commission!!) to a few others now, and their service seems constantly high.

Janet
Thanks for the info so far. I'll investigate all the recommendations for sure :)
Don't use Worldwide Storage and Removals. In our experience they are very poor and not to be trusted. Email for more details.
Highly recommended are..........

http://tcfreight.co.uk/
Do not use F & N Worldwide Logistics Ltd email if you want details.
Torrenter,

Don't bother taking your stuff with you, just take your personal posessions. By the time you have paid the cost of getting it all there you could go and buy new when there. Will the furniture etc you have in your house in the UK really go with your new home in Tenerife :?: That's what I told my husband anyway and he agreed :love so we've sold our property in the UK furnished and I can't wait to go on a major shopping spree when we arrive in Tenerife in July. It's all part of the fun :hyper

Rgds Jackie
When we went over recently to finish the house purchase, we spent a few days carefully checking local prices and availability. This means that we will only be taking stuff that is either vastly more expensive or largely unavailable on the Island. I don't want to take my UK environment with me :-) but sometimes the issue is quality rather than price. I was disappointed at the Ikea stock in Laguna, for instance.

The new house is already part-furnished, but some of it is chuckout stuff. Everything we will take already has a place.

Meanwhile, it's eBay. boot sales and freecycle!
Hello Torrenter,

You may think I've gone quite loopy but there is another option if you decide
on trunks and boxes: the mailboat. This goes to Santa Cruz on its way to St. Helena, the Ascension Islands and South Africa three or four times a year and is quite competitively priced. You can take a lot of luggage at virtually no extra cost as I did some years ago on another route. It may sound zany but what a great way to arrive! The CD Rom ad brochure are worth a look anyway. Fascinating. See "St. Helena Voyages" and send for them. It would be a great adventure and if not for you this may appeal to others.

Have a happy move,
Margaretta
Loopy? Not at all! I had a serious look at the St.Helena website and schedule for 2006, along with the prices. There have been a few organisational changes recently, as far as I can see, so I rejected the idea as not reliable enough as a serious plan for me.

It looks like a great way to travel to Tenerife as a kind of 'criuse' though!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.