EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Not sure if you have come across http://www.mymerhaba.com yet? There is whole load of info on everything to do with moving/living in Turkey. We also have our own resident expats here on HT, namely Bryn & Chelsea Boy (and a few others) Im sure if you have any specific Qs they will know the answers 8)

I have my own place over there - but still living in the UK so cant help you with the residency etc

LA
residency is no problem... work permits are. transporting personal possesions can be a nightmare..especially customs this end. Just don't rely on people who say they know someone who can sort it... try to ask people that have actually done it!
welcome to you, and i hope all goes well
thanks for that would you think it would be easyer to leave our stuff behind and re-purchase the equipment out in marmaris, when we bought all the goods for marmaris is was'nt that exspencive.

thanks

Jason :D
depends what you want to d ... there is so much i brought but didnt need and vice versa.. apart from televisions, radios, dvd players etc you wont get taxed bringing anything in... the only problem is that you might have to go to izmir to argue with customs ....then again you will have to go to Izmir to get a wide choice of new stuff anyway
Don't bother bringing TV's VCR's etc as they run on a different system in Turkey so you would need to get yours fixed in order to be able to use them here and if you add the taxes to the cost of this you can just buy new ones in Turkey. Thats what we did when we moved back to Turkey from the UK, we just didn't bother with any of the electronical stuff, except for a couple of stereos and the tax that we had to pay on these was unbelievable - more expensive than the stereo itself!
Hi Jase 1219.
When we moved out here we only brought personal Items and what a nightmare.Don't bother with anything, just bring yourselves.As for going to Izmer, if you are going to live in Beldıbı then you would surely go to Antalya.You should also take a good look at http://www.turkishliving.com
use the search facility and you will find all the answers and more.

Ian
if you are going to live in Beldıbı then you would surely go to Antalya

I think they mean Beldibi in Marmaris not the one near Antalya.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.