General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Mrs Biggs
11 Posts
:tup Thoroughly enjoyed the series Sanji! I thought Sheridan Smith was excellent in it! First saw her in Two Pints of Lager & Packet of Crisps.
It was surprisingly good- to be honest I hadn't really fancied watching it.
I thought it was excellent! Cracking drama - you have got to hand it to her she was one smart cookie. This followed her story very closely.Even though I knew what was going to happen I still jumped when she had the car crash at the intersection.
I really enjoyed it too. I thought the acting was brilliant.
I jumped at the car crash as well!
Fiona wrote:
I jumped at the car crash as well!

Yes, even though I knew it was going to happen, it still made me jump too and then shed a tear.
I don't think my Dave knew it was going to happen because he said 'bluddy hell' - that means he was surprised & 'shocked,' and with my OH being a Londoner, he enjoyed it too.

Superb acting by both Sheridan Smith and Daniel Mays- apparently the real living Charmain said that they both captured the characters and 'nailed it'.
The 1960's were very well portrayed with the old type prams, cars and fashion, and especially the bouffant hairstyles, gawd, I spent a fortune in the 1960’s on hair lacquer, sleeping in spikey rollers and back combing my hair to reach a respectable height. :lol:

Sanji
Just had a thought - :rofl
How many of you went to bed in those hard plastic spikey rollers and halfway through the night they'd be hurting your head so much, that they kept you awake and you'd yank them out - and then a few hours later, you'd be fumbling around for them in the dark to put them back in, so that you could do something with your hair in the morning .?

Sanji x
I was the opposite Sanji I used to iron mine straight :yikes
I think I need to watch this on catch-up TV if I get the time.

Carmen heated rollers anyone ? :rofl We thought they were the height of sophistication after the normal ones how did we ever manage to sleep in them. :rofl

Loved it t'other week on Corrie when Michelle and Tracy were having their cat fight in the street, both with their big rollers in a la 1960's - classic stuff.

Doe :sun2
When I did use heated rollers (in the 80's) mine broke so I used to boil them in a pan to heat them up :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.