Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
Beautiful photos!
Great photos & I notice the crocs are on your feet this time 😂
Crocs tours comming soon.
Great photos Nick.
I wanted to go up the Eureka Tower skyscraper situated on the Southbank, like you say it's the tallest skyscraper in the Southern hemisphere .
I wanted to go up to the SkyDeck, but we had 4 days of monsoon rain and low darks clouds whilst we were there and to be fair to them, before you paid, they did state that the visibility was poor, which was no good if your intentions were to make a video.

Some days the clouds were so low that you couldn't see the tops of the smaller skyscrapers.... I was disappointed 😞

Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2018-01-11 01:26:15
Sorry you had poor weather Sanj what time of year did you go? I was in Aus/nz for a month Nov/Dec weather great mostly 30deg+ the odd cloudy day and one day of rain on the last day in Brisbane.
December /January 2010- 2011....for 7 weeks.
We flew to Melbourne from Sydney (Tues to Saturday) and it never stopped raining until we were leaving. It was coming down like a monsoon all day and nights for 4 days

In hindsight it wasn't a good time to go...The trip was organised as a present from my youngest.
1. The exchange rate was rubbish.
2. Brisbane was under water with serious flooding and real fears that one of the dams would break, which would have caused unimaginable devastation and loss of life.
3. Cyclones in Cairns (GBR).

We really enjoyed Sydney and surrounding area, although I'd have enjoyed Australia alot more if my house hadn't been wrecked by a burst pipe, 2 weeks into the holiday.

You look like you've had a fab time....I'm pleased for you.

Sanji x
Oh dear Sanji it seems you caught extreme weather on both sides of the globe that was a sever winter here and the floods in Aus. I did the XXXX Brewery tour in Brisbane and took this picture in the ground floor reception, the red lines on the wall are the levels that floods have reached the upper line is the 2011 flood.

http://i66.tinypic.com/ff1h8w.jpg
:omg at the highest level.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.