Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Great report Amanda. About time we heard about it :D Looking forward to hearing more about the escapades you got up to and seeing some photos :tup

I know you've taken a while to type all that out but can you also put the hotel review in the hotel review section where people who may be considering staying at that particular hotel would be more likely to look. No rush but when you've got time ;) You may be able to copy and paste that part of it from this report.
we had a brilliant holiday there as well. :) Would love to go back.
Agree with the boogie bus- a must do! Thanks for your report
A good start, ready for the next bit when you are :tup
Ok, heres a bit more of what we got up to! We went on the 5hr catamaran trip. We were picked up by coach from our hotel and driven to the harbour at Bridgetown where we boarded JAMMIN! There was a mixed age group aprox 23 of us ranging from 18 to 65 years of age. We crused for around 20 mins then stopped and we were all given the oppertunity to get into the water and given masks and snorkles. Some stayed on board and sunbathed and continued to enjoy the free drinks that had kicked off as soon as we embarked at Bridgetown! For the majority who got into the water the fun began when the crew members entered the water with bread, within minutes there were turtles swimming all around us they were hawks bill turtles of differant sizes and I was lucky enough to touch one as it swam by. We spent 20mins with them then got back on board. Another 15mins sailing and we stopped again where we were given flippers along with our snorkle gear. Now I am no seasoned snorkler and flippers and me were pathetic but the staff were great and realy helpfull and I managed to snorkle over 2 ship wrecks which were amazing the fish were so colourful and plentiful it blew my mind. (not to mention the gorgeous looking crew which helped me :rofl ) Then it was back on board were we continued the sailing with free drinks flowing freely. We sailed up the gold coast and the crew came around pointing out places of intrest and the houses of the rich and famous and we got to find out a little about there life style ect. We anchored up close to a beach where some of us swam to shore and relaxed on the beach. The crew were even serving drinks while we were in the water with trays on there heads!! Back on board and lunch was served it was chicken and fish and salad potatoes macaroni pie. Forgot to say they gave us Banana bread as a snack before lunch which was lovely(but not as nice as when my sister Helen makes it ;) )They came around with cakes after we were realy full and could have gone up and helped ourselves to as much as we wanted. On the return journey they turned up the music and got the party atmosphere going getting people up to dance. I think all age groups would enjoy Jammin as you could do whatever you wanted to with no pressure and the crew were realy tuned in to reading what you wanted out of the trip. It cost about 60 pounds each but the food and drink were ample and it was a fantastic expereance definatly worth it. :tup When we docked the bus was waiting and it took us back to the hotel I have some great memories from the day and a great suntan!
that was a great price for the day you had. :) We paid more than that years ago.
When we went to Bougainvillea it was in July - which is out of season and there wasn't anything open around the hotel. Were there any places open when you were there?
Yes Fiona, pablo dante was open( take a left out of the hotel follow the rd towards the main road but take the first right as if your going into a side street and its on the end on the left) Also the croton inn at the junction to the main road was open. The sports bar and singing bar down the road to the right was closed though. All the rum shops on the main strip were open other than that you had to go to the gap or oistins.
At least you had a couple of options. I saw the bars and wondered if they were closed permanently or just for the off season time. Thanks :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.