Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Stellenbosch looks lovely. We had a short stop there and I would have liked to have stayed overnight.
The trip to the Cape- isn't there just stunning scenery along the way??
( I took the tram up and down as well by the way :) Think we were the only ones to do that from our tour)
I think the scenery was stunning everywhere Fiona. Vivid blue sea, awesome mountains and glorious beaches. I wish I was back there and even though the weather is warm and sunny here in Bavaria the view out from my garden isn't quite up to the views I was looking at just a couple of weeks ago :(
I never got used to looking up in Cape Town to see Table mountain. When we were there one of the World cup football stadiums was being built. I did wonder if it would spoil the view a bit- it certainly seemed to stand out like a sore thumb.
Probably the Green Point Stadium, very close to the city centre. OH's friend worked there for a couple of years as one of the project managers. It seems to fit in with the scenery OK. The manager of our first Guest House told us though that it might be dismantled. The local football or rugby teams don't want to use it and they haven't been able to attract enough top entertainment acts to keep it going. Millions of Rand wasted because FICA would not allow the South Africans to upgrade their existing stadiums but had to build new ones. Absolutely stupid.

Edited to change OH's husband to OH's friend :duh
  • Edited by Judith 2012-03-14 23:01:49
Great report Judith. I'm right there with you although I've never been before. It looks/sounds like a stunning part of the country.
Sounds like you had a fabulous time,the photos are stunning,looking forward to the next installment.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.