Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
68 views and no replies :duh has anyone been to or even heard of Barbatti before because i havent :que

yasus
wizard
thank ED i have seen that and several other sites both English and Greek. I was hoping at lest one member may have had fairly recent personal experience of this place,from what i have read it sounds ideal for us

yasus
wizard
update.. well we had a great time, the hotel was well up the hill so we didnt make it to the beach but the views made up for it... hotel report here and some pictures posted on HTTV

wizard
Glad you had a great time Wiz. I've noticed you've got some good photos on the httv site too.

I know we're in the Corfu forum but can I ask, do you have a favourite island? I find it hard to pick a favourite as they all have their own 'personality' but having visited twice, Corfu is a personal favourite of mine.
we are still trying to work our way round, only been to a few so far, sorry to say Corfu comes out well down our list, I would like to spend a bit more time on Cefalonia [we were only on the island 8 hrs but liked what we saw] but at the moment we still like Kos the most although if your paying i will happily go anywhere in Greece.

wiz
although if your paying i will happily go anywhere in Greece.

Me too :)

We've only been to Corfu (x2)
crete
Santorini
Kos (x2)
Crete
Zakynthos (going for 2nd time in Aug)

I think Corfu comes out top for me although I loved them all. I could be biased because that's where we went on our first Greek holiday when the children were small. Having said that, we went back (but to a different resort) for our 25th wedding anniversary and loved it just as much.
It all depends on what you are looking for as to which will be a favourite!
I have been to:
Zakynthos (x8), only go back in very low season to see friends otherwise I wouldn't return.
Kefalonia
Thassos (x2)
Samos (x2)
Naxos-want to go back again
Santorini (would only go back when Akrotiri site re-opens)
Mykonos
Delos
Rhodes-would return to the Old Town
Lesvos-a definite to return to, it's a big island!
Hydra
Spetses
I'm sure I've missed some, but I do have a long list of ones still to see!

Everyone always thinks 'islands' when they look for a holiday in Greece, but don't forget the mainland, especially the Peloponnese, it's stacked with historical sites (Olympia, Mystras, Epidavros, Mycenae, Ancient Messene, Tyrins, Ancient Corinth, Nemea, Monemvassia, Nestor's Palace), lots of coastal towns with castles, mountains, gorges, caves, & some of the best beaches in Greece!
Take a look at some photos here,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yiassas/sets/
It doesn't cover all my travels, only the last 18 months, as I had a film SLR before & I haven't got them scanned & loaded yet!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.