Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
yummymummy,

MYT use Airbus A330-243's and Boeing 767-31K's for long haul routes. IFE onboard is dependant on the aircraft type. The A332's have seat back IFE throughout and are very nice, the 763's ceiling mounted screens. If you fly on an A332, you'll have a selection of films to watch (6 from memory) as well as the usua Tv repeats and 10 radio stations. The best bit is these aircraft are fitted with 2 external flight cameras so you can see what's going on outside :) If you travel on a 763, they'll screen films and Tv programmes and you'll have 10 radio stations as well. If you have a flight number, I'll check what the aircraft you're likely to be. I've flown with MYT many times, they're a great airline. Seat pitches in economy are 30" so are adequate.

Safe journey,

Darren
Thanks Darren, no i dont have the flight number as of yet, but we are flying out from Manchester on the 18th Jan at 7pm, i think its from terminal 1 if thats any help?

Nicola
Hello Daz, which one will i be on leaving on the 8/03/07 from manchester-goa.
MYTO95. I hope its the A332's.
Sleep_r_us.
sleep_r_us,

Hello Daz, which one will i be on leaving on the 8/03/07 from manchester-goa. MYTO95. I hope its the A332's.

They're using the Airbus A330-243's on MYT095 at the moment so chances are, you'll be on one as well. G-MDBD was used on 9th Nov and G-OMYT was used on 2nd Nov. These are exellent aircraft.

Have a great time,

Darren
yummymummy,

Thanks Darren, no i dont have the flight number as of yet, but we are flying out from Manchester on the 18th Jan at 7pm, i think its from terminal 1 if thats any help?

All MYT flights opperate out of T1. Your flight number is MYT095 departing from MAN T1 at 1950, arriving GOI at 1100 local. The flight time is 9hrs 40 mins, opperating direct. The assigned aircraft is an Airbus A330-243 which are excellent. Watch out for my photo's on display when you check-in!

Have a great time,

Darren
:fly Darren you've made my day.My next quesion to you was about (direct flight) you've answered that has well.
The timing of the flight is correct according to my papers,is there anything you don't know about flights.
Look forward to seeing your piccy's on display at the airport :bow
Sleep_r_us.
I just can't belive that mytravel are using Thomas Cook Airlines this year to Egypt from Birmingham.
All MYT flights opperate out of T1. Your flight number is MYT095 departing from MAN T1 at 1950, arriving GOI at 1100 local. The flight time is 9hrs 40 mins, opperating direct. The assigned aircraft is an Airbus A330-243 which are excellent. Watch out for my photo's on display when you check-in!

Have a great time,

Darren

Direct?
oh no, i always look forward to the stop at Barhain for duty free and a hotdog :(
Yes, ill be watching out for your photo's when we check in :)
Thanks again

Nicola
i am going to lanzarote with direct holidays on 30th november my departure time from glasgow is 13 25 on the tickets and itinery. just checked the baa website and found that the flight i am booked on MYT 965 departed at 10 15 today [the same time as advertised on the baa timetable for charter flights ] worried that the tickets are wrong. i contacted direct holidays who assured me that the flight departs at 13 25 is it normal for the timetable to change only a few weeks after the start of the season. any help appreciated

regards willie
yummymummy / sleep_r_us

According to OAG flightfinder, it does opperate direct and from information I already had, that states direct as well. No such luck with the extra duty free shopping and hot dog I'm afraid!

wulmac,

I am going to lanzarote with direct holidays on 30th november my departure time from glasgow is 13 25 on the tickets and itinery. just checked the baa website and found that the flight i am booked on MYT 965 departed at 10 15 today [the same time as advertised on the baa timetable for charter flights ] worried that the tickets are wrong. i contacted direct holidays who assured me that the flight departs at 13 25 is it normal for the timetable to change only a few weeks after the start of the season. any help appreciated

I've just checked the official flight schedules from GLA, and your flight on 30/11/06 (MYT965) is listed as departing GLA at 1325 for its 4 hrs 45 mins flight ACE, arriving at 1810 local. The flight will be opperated by an Airbus A320-200. Charter flights such as these seldom change due to slot allocations and flight planning done months ahead.

The flight details you saw for todays flight might not be correct from the information I have. The flight did take off earlier than your flight is scheduled to, but that is per the schedule. It was opperated by G-JOEM (A320-200). According to the official schedules, the flight is scheduled to depart at 0825 arriving in ACE at 1320 local. According to ACARS logs (which logs the aircraft opperating the flight), it took off at 0828. I'm not sure where the 1015 time comes from? The flights haven't changed its just the departure time changes for that flight in the next couple of weeks. Your flight is scheduled to opperate as per your tickets. Nothing to worry about.

Have a great time,

Darren
hi darren

thanks for your quick reply and your information puts my mind at ease as i dont fancy turning up at the airport to find my flight has left

willie
i've just booked a holiday with direct holidays and have gone for the premium air package , that gives extra leg room, drinks etc.Has anybody esle have any experience of this, it worked out more or less the same as paying for extra legroom, meals and all the drinks anyway, but i'ts the legroom i'm concerned about cos travelling economy for all that time nearly kills me!!

salucy,

You'll have great flights. The MYT premier gold upgrade is nice with 35" seat pitch on their Airbus A330-243. Nice aircraft with a great crew.

Have a great time,

Darren
just got back from a mytravel flight.
my son was looking forward to his cake and custard. Only to be told along with appx 20 other passages they ahd ran out of lunch time food and had to have the breakfast packet.
180 seat flight which was not full and they still ran out.
my son was sad ans hungry. As he does not eat the flight food except the cake and custard... so unhappy costmer.
Also he needed the loo and couldnot go as the duty free trolley was stuck in the isle. when we got passed we had to wait a good 15min stood behind the trolley trying to get back to the seat. As for the loo it was minging so my son puts it. :x
But was the holiday OK apart from that ?
yes we had a lovely sunny holiday.
hotel etc was great. hammament iberostar phenica... if anyones interested.. :D
:D I'm sure he'll get over not having a bit of cake, and custard!, and it's not unusual to be stuck behind those trollies, if we see one stuck in the isle, near to the toilet we just usually walk to the other end where there is another toilet.

Glad you had a nice holiday :D

Regards, BBB.
Plus, you can always ask if the cabin crew wouldn't mind letting you past. As crew myself, if the passenger asks politely it is no problem. it is when people stand right behind you huffing and puffing then problems start and people get upset. :D
There was another person in the qeue too and he asked to pass and they crew so ' yes when we have finished we wount be long' in the end he waited ages too but stood on chair and climbed over (kind off).

Then the pilot anounced please return to your seat disent in 10min.. which was not a nice feeling for my son. anyway if this is all iam complaining about then hey its cool.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.