Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Naxaar
6 Posts
Thats one of the best reason to go on holiday. Me & your old man are the same age, I was a Brycreem Boy! :roll: (You'll have to ask him, what that is) Unfortunately, If I went back to where I served abroad, the radiatrion might restrict the fun, I did Christmas Island in the Pacific! Thats why I glow! :yikes
Enjoy the holiday & report back. :D
Hi Tony,
Something you may like to see while you are staying in Naxxar.

Palazzo Parisio - 19th Century Palace and gardens, lovely in May.

http://www.palazzoparisio.com

Also check out http://www.visitmalta.com for other places to visit too.

:wave
Hey Drummer, I take it (without checking with my old man) that you were in the RAF. And who says my early years were wasted eh?

Ingliza, thanks for that, I'll be sure to pay it a visit. I intend to cram in as much as we can in the week that we'll be there. And thanks for the subtle spell check on Naxxar (you'd think I'd have checked wouldn't you? :wink: )

I picked up a small book on Malta for the princely sum of 2 quid last week and it lists a whole host of places to visit. now that's what I call a Malta Bargain!
Tony, I went to Malta about 5 years ago and "The Gut", I believe, is virtually gone. I know the street was the one that runs parallel to the main street, and I took a couple of photos of it. There were only about 3 bars down at the bottom of the street, and not every other doorway as was back in your dads day.

I asked about it in the Labour Club and the Band Rooms, on main street, and they said the "entertainment" had moved, or had been moved out of town.

I saw some of it on my way down to Marsa Xlock, where the wall is about 40 ft high and the road bears round to the right. :oops: :oops: (Some things stick in your mind, don't they?)

Parky
hi Parky, thanks for that.
I rememver 'straight street' aka the 'gut' vividly from our visit in '77.
I had heard that it had all but 'ceased trading' if you get my drift, so I wasn't expecting to see it in full flow.

Must remember to let my dad know though, he might just fancy the idea of spending a few shillings on an old flame down there........ :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.