America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Thanks for that U2fan - sounds ideal
Hi - Dorling Kindersley also do a similar New York map, not sure if it has the subway maps on, can't remember, you can probably find it on Amazon too....I tend to read the larger guidebooks and then take a smaller map, more space for shopping! :)
Pick one up from any railway/subway station or tourist stand for free. They will be easy to follow and are often themed according to the attractions you want to visit
Your hotel reception will usually have them too :D
Just incase anyone else needs one I ordered map that U2fan recommended from Amazon and it is ideal. It'll really help me get aquainted with the streets. And it's only £4!
Map
Hi Puddleduck.
I see you had a look at my report, hope it it helped you .
Any back to your Question. If you buy the Lonely Planet NYC,New York City Guide. There is a pull out map in the back of it,easy to slip it to your back pocket/bag, plus the book helped me alone my way other there, £13.99 but you might get it cheaper on amazon.
Hope this helps as well.

If you have any more questions about NY, just send me an e-mail, I would be happy to help, if I can that is.

Johno :glynis
Hi Johno,

Given a choice I probably would have picked something like that but I was prempted as someone bought me the Rough Guide to NYC for xmas. It's got some great info in although it's too thick to carry about all day every day just for the maps, hence my question.
That pop up map recommended is really cool - very slim, has all the major sights on it and the subway lines.

Enjoyed your trip report.
I can highly recommend a small book called inside out which comes complete with a pop out map compass and pen.

use one in toronto and new york and its brilliant especially when you are wondering whereever you feel like then need to head in a specific direction.

got mine from Amazon but have seen them in WH smith.

Small enough to fit in a pocket too
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.