Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Nerja
7 Posts
firstly have you looked at the members resort reports yet

we have been several times yes there are time share touts [but the call themselvs holiday clubs now]

Nerja still has some spanish charm depending where you stay it could be a steep walk to the beach

wiz
Thank you for the advice and have just had a look at the reviews, it is much appreciated. Am new to this website but is excellent for advice on holidays. Thank you again.
Marie
We had a weeks holiday in Nerja about 2 years ago and liked it very much. It seems to be more 'real Spain' than lots of other Spanish resorts which we go to.
We like walking and found some lovely walks especially to the Burriana area (we were at the other side of the resort)
The Nerja Caves were well worth a visit and the lovely village of Frigiliana is only a short distance away.
We went in March so it was fairly quiet then.
regards Sue
I live in Nerja and love it.It is still quite Spanish and is a lovely place for a relaxing holiday.I dont think you will be bombarded by anyone!!You get the people selling,watches,CDs,tablecloths etc but they usually move on after a refusal.I also feel quite safe when I go out at night as well.
There are lots of nice bars and restaurants.The caves are mind blowing!A must see.Frigiliana is very pretty too.Dont know if you are hiring a car,but the buses are very cheap and reliable.It is less than 4 euros to go into Malaga.
Do a bit of research on the area where you are staying.It can be a climb!Having said that,I have got used to it and have actually lost weight since I moved here! There are plenty of places to stay nearer to town though.
We went to Nerja last year it was a good holiday but we stayed at capistrano village which was on a steep hill and there was not much around so had to walk miles every nite.

There was a place called le raqutte which was nice served nice meals.

We would go back but stay in a hotel where there is more going on.
Hello I am a new member having been informed of this site whilst at work asking a zillion questions about Burriana Beach - itself. Can anyone tell me if it is to harsh (re pebbles) for babies to crawl on. If so is there a beach in the area that is sandy and within walking distance.

Thank you in advance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.