EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
New car
7 Posts
Hi danazcurt.

Are you thinking of buying a new car here if so all you need to do is look at the Spanish web site of the car maker that you are thinking of buying.

Most of them do a car configarator option where you choose make, model, color, engine etc and when you have built your car you end up with the final price, that is the price you will pay including any special discount they might be doing this month. You will not be able to go into a dealer if buying a new car and say how much for cash for that car like you can in the UK, they don't do that here, the price you see is what you pay.

A lot of car are sold here with nearly all the extras on as standard unlike the uk where you pay extra for this and that.

As an example try looking here http://www.citroen.es where you can build your car and get the price you pay. I know at the moment they are doing special deals and as I said the price quoted once you have built you car is what you will pay.

Delivery on new car can be anything form 2 weeks to 6 months so check first before you sign on the dotted line. Some times you can get it quicked if you are prepared to have one that is in the showroom and you are not fussy about the spech etc.

I don't not know if you can haggel over the price of a second hand car as I have never needed to do it, but I am sure somebody on here will put you right.

I would check round for finance via the dealer or say your bank. It might pay you in the long run to get a personal loan pay for the car outright then pay off the loan, it could work out cheaper because of the interest rates at the time.

When you say you have all the paperwork to buy the car what do you mean?

Hope this is of help

Regards
a1gjv
a1gjv...

Although I have a good car - 2 years old, living in Tenerife (the car is 2 years old not me) I am planning ahead and wondered if you could answer me this....

Do I need a residencia to get a new car on finance here in Spain? (baring obtaining a bank loan obviously)
a1gjv...

Although I have a good car - 2 years old, living in Tenerife (the car is 2 years old not me) I am planning ahead and wondered if you could answer me this....

Do I need a residencia to get a new car on finance here in Spain? (baring obtaining a bank loan obviously)

Sorry I am unable to answer that question as I have never applied for credit. I would suggest you ask either your bank or a credit company in Tenerife, off the top of my head I would say yes or be in full employment there.
I had to be a resident to buy a new car on finance here in Lanzarote, but that was a few years back now, so maybe the rules have changed? However, my friend here who is a resident and married to a local, has just tried to buy a new car, and they needed to show earnings as her husband is self emplyed. He didn't have the necessary paperwork, so they couldn't buy the car, so had to borrow the money from family.
a1gjv,

Thanks for info. I will look on site you said. Regards when I said I had all paperwork, I mean I have NIE number and I have being paying social security as well. Also, I have been told that you need to have a fixed address to buy, renting or owning which I can get.

I have just left a job in Spain and have set up another company which is registered in UK so I might get stuck on finance. I might be able to show last years earnings which may be enough. I know someone in Fuengirola who seems clued up so I will ask him for all info and posted it on this site for all to see.

Back soon.
danazcurt,

Another thing you might think about is getting you finance from the UK ans you now have a company registered there, the important factor is the interest rates for each country on this type of thing, sorry but do not know what the rate is in Spain but you could start here http://www.bancopopular.es/eng/ which is the english section, most major banks have a section in English on their sites.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.