Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
new to Italy
5 Posts
Hello Bejay,

I have stayed at Sorrento five times over the last few years, so know the area quite well now.

In my honest opinion I would opt to stay at Sorrento rather than Sant'Agnello.
Sorrento is beautiful in both the day and evenings, there's lots to see and do and you have the lovely Marina Grande where there are restaurants right on the sea edge - the Delfino is a particular favourite of mine.

There is also a railway station at Sorrento where you can easily get a train to Pompei or Herculaneum for a few euros, it's only about 20 minutes away and the train stops right outside of Pompei.
You are also central for boat trips to Capri, Positano, Amalfi, Ischia and Naples, the boats go from Marina Piccola which is just below the town.

I have been to Sant'Agnello, it's a nice little place and we visited the market there .... but for me Sorrento was the best place to stay.
Sant'Agnello was too quiet for me, I like to sit and people watch in the lovely squares at Sorrento.

I warn you ... once you've visited Sorrento and the surrounding area you'll be drawn back again and again :)
The coastline is just stunning!!

If you would like to know anything else please feel free to ask me.

Have a wonderful time!

Gillian
Just had a mooch on the official tourism website and it does look lovely. Is it expensive to eat out etc?
Hi Glynis,

Italy is quite expensive.

In Sorrento drinks are expensive, but I found things like pizza and pasta not too bad ... but of course it depends where you go and you can pay through the nose at 'posher' restaurants!

Even though it's a bit pricey it's well worth forking out a bit more because it's such a stunning part of the world :)

Gillian
Thanks Gillian. I went to Italy years ago and remember it being expensive - will think about it. Sorrento does look lovely though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.