Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Glenys :D

I love Cyprus......... going again for the 3rd time in July.
We always stay around Protaras though....... never been to Paphos. :?

We have been to the Troodos mountains....... truly breathtaking. :love2
There is a village called Trimikini...... has a beautiful Waterfall in a private garden..... you pay to go in, but its worth it :wink:
Welcome to this site aswell............ :wave
Welcome to Holiday Truths Glenys :wave
Sarah
Hi Glenys

It was my first time 2 Cyprus last year went to Paphos :lol: Loved it that much have booked to go to Protaras in June this year can't wait :hyper

Hired a car while there went to Polis, Lachi, Limassol, Nicosia and the Troodos Mountains which was great. :yipee

Mabs
hello glenys :) welcome to ht, cyprus is just beautiful you will love it.

fizz xxxxx
We stayed in paphos a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Every year since, we have said we must go back, but have found it a bit on the expensive side to get to, although cheap when you arrive!!!

Definately going this year though, either staying at a hotel just south of the harbour or an apartment.

Maybe do the hotel first, and while there look at apartment areas, then sneak a week in in october!!!!
Thanks you all for your warm welcomes!! I actually had no idea that, when I posted on the camping site, it would appear on here too!!

Have now booked flights (thanks to Airmiles!) and am busy looking for affordable accommodation that doesn't involve big tourist complexes.

We don't know yet whether my niece and her fiance will be coming with us so things are still up in the air. May well still be camping - at least for one week. I am surprised (although I suppose I shouldn't be) at how expensive some accommodation has become in the last year......

Have found a couple of places that look reasonable. We wouldn't be bothered about a pool but the youngest son - aged 12 - has to be taken into the equation. Hot weather has always meant cool pools.....

Will keep you posted!
Glenys
We have looked at the camp sites both in Polis area and Troodos, although that was 3 years ago and we havent stayed there. They were both very basic from what I can remember and something like £cy1 a night, you need your own equipment though.
I can't believe it's been so long since I posted on here!! We actually ended up doing 2 weeks, thanks to my niece, at Ikaria apartments just outside Paphos.

We loved it. The pool was a good size and, as a lot of the village is residential, wasn't busy.

We hoped to return this year and could have booked the same apartment (the owners have been super) but finances....yes, that old chestnut again!! We've found a one-bedroomed apartment (King Danaos) that sleeps 4 for a very reasonable £150 p.wk in July.

I'll keep you posted.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.