Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
new year
15 Posts
Hi. Have you read the replies to my posting (Cala Bona - Christmas 2004). It doesn't sound brilliant - not many places open and the weather will probably be quite cold. We have decided to make the best of it and book a car to look around the island. We thought about Cala Bona because you can walk to other resorts like Cala Millor, Sa Coma, Si'Illot. Unless someone comes up with a better idea think we'll stick with it :!:
Went to palma nove 2 years ago at xmas and quite a few places were open went through to santa ponsa and it was a gost town palma i think would be great as we went through it was a great atmosphere every thing was open and it was realy lovely
Hi. Where did you stay in Palma Nova? Would you recommend it?
Did you go to the east coast - Sa Coma, Cala Millor, Cala Bona?
Thanks Gail :)
we stayed at the mamosapark food was great hotel was ok but the pool area was full of cats i am a cat lover but it stank we went down to the palma nova palace one day and it was lovely and the food looked lovely we went on the train trip to sola port it was great you just get the bus to palma bus station and you get the old wooden train straight up the mountains when you get of you get a tram to the port the train trip is great my kids enjoyed it and they were 11 and 9well worth the trip and its not expensive and we went on boxing day so it is open i know alacudia is closed at xmas as our reps worked in alacudia in the summer and palma nova in the winter dont know about anywhere else hope this helps
Thanks for your reply. Will check out Palma Nova Palace. Gail :)
I will be staying in an apartment on the Bendinat Golf Course over the New Year and we are looking for somewhere to celebrate the New Year's eve with a meal and live music can anyone recommend a good venue within walking distance. I understand that they have a good evening at the Linder Resort Hotel but it does seem rather expensive - can anyone recommned it?
can anyone help please,would like to book an hotel for over the new year,any suggestion's for good hotel h/b or a/i . and realising it is going to be quiet at that time of year which is the livelier p/nova or magaluf.(party of 8 aged around fifty). thank you.
Magaluf more lively than PN even for young people like you.We stayed in PN last year I'm in my 40's and hubby 60 we walked every night to Magaluf as we found PN boring.
Can't go wrong if you book any Sol hotel and I have it on good authority from friends that the Barracuda is good
Yes i'll agree with that Magaluf has more...

We just got back stayed at sol gaudalupe...couldn't fault it.

Mops.. :lol:
booked the sol barbados £40 a night each for h/b ,you pay on departing hotel unlike some booking sites, also cheaper on sol website
thanks
Excellent choice Johnny
Usually you pay on arrival at a Sol hotel.

Just thought i'd mention it.

jancan
you may be right that you pay on arrival ,i stopped in the barbados about 3 years ago and paid on departure. the main thing is that you do not have to pay up front ,so many of the booking agencies ask for part or all payment at time of booking.
Solmelia (who own all the Sol Hotels) take your credit card details when you book, although don't charge anything to your account. Apparently if you don't turn up for the holiday they then charge you with one night's accommodation - which seems fair enough.

Adam
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.