Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Hi, if you look in the "city breaks" section, rather than Eastern Europe, theres quite a bit of information on Budapest, including my trip report from last year. We were there between Christmas and New Year. Wrap up warm and wear comfortable shoes, don't miss the parliament tour, take your passport and you get in free. Don't miss the ice rink near the park and castle near Heroes Square, which looked quite magical. Also the Fisherman's Bastian at night is very picturesque.

Have a look on here for some restaurant reviews:

http://www.inyourpocket.com/hungary/budapest/en/category?chid=120
I've added some pictures on the photo gallery from our trip last Christmas, currently in the upload area:

thanks will have a good look at that website - appears to be loads of info on it. Any idea if there are special New year celbrations at all?
hello

I was in Budapest a couple years ago. Make sure that you go to the big marketplace - down by the river, past the statue of the lady and on the left hand side - it is in a little square and there is a burger king opposite it. Its a great market and sells every kind of food downstairs and lace, china, etc upstairs. When you come out from that market just cross the road - you will come to a pub/restaurant - it is fabulous - there is sawdust on the floor and downstairs is a tiny pub, - it is covered with business cards and money all over the ceiling. Upstairs is a restaurant and the food is great - it sort of looks like a cave. I am sorry I cannot remember the names for you
but it is well worth a visit. If you find the marketplace (its a big building) then you cannot miss the little restaurant across the road. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.