America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Newark or JFK
12 Posts
Avoid JFK like the plague.
Try looking at US Airways from LGW to Orlando via Charlotte.
thanks il have have a look.
Out of the two Newark would be my choice but it's a bit like asking which is your favourite Cheeky girl? i.e. neither. :rofl

Personally I wouldn't connect in New York for Orlando. There are plenty of other options such as the one emdia43 mentions below. Philadelphia would be another option also.

How do the indirect flight costs compare to flying direct into Orlando?
my choice of departures are glasgow or edinburgh, round about the 30th september or first couple of days into october, so indirect is working out cheaper as far as i can see, quite fancy continental as there is only 1 stop in newark, compared to some others going via london first.
I found Newark to be just fine. We are going this way again in May. JFK, on the other hand, was a nightmare because we were late landing and had to rush like mad to get to our connecting flight.
If you only have the choice of Newark or JFK then choose Newark every time...
Went through Newark 18 months ago. It was an absolue breeze. 90 minute connection and still had time for a coffee and a bite to eat after customs and security.
We also fly from Scotland. We used to have the choice of Newark (continental) Philly (US Airways) and Chicago (American), but American have stopped flying out of Glasgow.

Heathrow is worse to pass through than Newark. Just a thought, maybe you could spend a few days in NY when you pass through, that way you don't need to worry about the timing! We did this both times we've passed through Newark. When the Newark flight came up cheap we used it as an opportunity to do NY/Vegas twin centre!

Failing that, try the US Airways site and see if they have any flights via philly. It might be that they stop end september. Can you pull your dates forward a touch so that your return journey is in september?
i did look at US airways, but the return, was via manchester also ,which meant we didnt get back into glasgow till 1 in the afternoon,looked at globespan but they were lookin about £700 more for all of us, and after last time(12 hour delay going) id only fly with them if it was really cheap.
I would also post my vote for EWR, but if given the choice I would avoid routing via NYC. Both airports suffer regular delays.
had another look at us airways with earlier dates and the prices are very good, plus they get you back in glasgow first thing in morning, so once we decide on dates it will either be us airways(if we go earlier) or continental, thanks everyone for your advice. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.