Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Nissi Beach
17 Posts
We visited Nissi Beach in September last year whilst staying in Pernera and fell in love with it, its so beautiful, the water is cystal clear and blue but popular. It was busy but there is lots going on watersport wise ( this does not obstruct the beach) watching the bungee jumping at the far end was fun! There are plenty of facilites and music is played too ( :? if you like RnB or dance)

We visited after morning and luch at the aquapark as Nissi Beach is on the bus route so getting there with out a car is really easy as they are frequent.
The next beach along from Nissi is much quieter.Its about a 15 minute walk or you can hop on the local bus,Its called Landra or Ladra beach and is in a lovely bay.The water is shallow out to a breakwater and very clear.There is a lovely resturant at the back of the beach for snacks at lunch time.The sunbeds and parasols for hire are very reasonable.
Landa Beach.........or walk a little further to Macronissos Beach :wink:
As said, the beach is clean and has bars and cafe's along. It does get crowded but there's lots to do there.

There are quite a few retaurants down nissi avenue (highly recommend 'the Gardens'). The bars are mainly for the older crowd or if you want to relax.
Head to the square for a bit more life :tup
My mum stayed in Napa and she said the beach was rocky and filthy with nappys and faeces floating in the sea, i said this couldnt be Napa as in Nissi Beach but she was adament it was as did her brother. Could she have got the wrong one?
My daughter is going there on the 1st July with her friend, she is worried now after the report my Mum gave.
I have been to ayia napa 5 times and the only thing i see floating in the sea is people on lilos and fish swimming its like bath water
Nissi beach in July will be very busy, you will need to be early to ensure that you get a position you are happier with. Although Nissi Beach is a beautiful beach and the first sight of it (if approaching round the headland behind the Rondavel Bar) can take your breath away however my wife and I are happier with Napa's other beaches (tend to rotate - it's like going on 4 or 5 different holidays all in one. There's the main beach, Sandy Bay and Macronissos but at all costs you should avoid the bedlam that is Landa :wink: :wink: (Our very favourite, but we don't want everyone to know do we)
Only thing I've seen at Nissi that could cause offence is Seaweed (recurring problem during the year) & cigarette butts (saddos who use the beach as an ashtray :roll: )
love landa beach not many people know ab :lol: out it
nissi beach full of people already! Sunday 6 may 2007 we had +36C in Cyprus. Enjoy the photo. Happy Holidays!
http://www.cyprusmeteo.com/nissi1.jpg
wow
wow cant wait to get there on the 3rd june hope its hot hot hot
anymore pictures for us to see
How nice does that photo look, I cant wait to go to Cyprus now. The sand looks gorgeous and it will be great to see some sunshine rather than being stuck in work!!
Do you have anymore photo's, just to make us all jealous!!
Nissi Beach is really nice but gets a little busy if you have young kids. That said the water is crystal clear and rally shallow meaning that you can walk out quite far from the shore but only be at waist height!

Problem is with Nissi is the 'rubbish' people leave on the beach mainly fag butts which really infuriates me.

The better beach is landa beach about 15-20 minute walk up the coast (away from Napa) which is really clean, fairly quiet (basicaly a rip off of Nissi without the litter and crowds)! Ace for children! We have been 3 times in 3 years and love it but this year are having a change.

For the more adventurous, hire a moped or car and head towards Protaras and Fig Tree bay and there are loads of secluded little beaches which not many people know about. These are worth a visit! Even better if you fancy 'mine' (joke) dodging is to cross over the border to North Cyprus at Famagusta (Crossing point is a village called Ayios Nicolaus, ask for the Britsh Army base) there is a really lovely beach and behind you literally is the bombed out ruins of Famagusta where Turkish soldiers are patrolling. You are allowed to go on the beach but can not venture beyond as Famagusta is fenced off. Really worth a trip! We crossed over to the north with our hire car 3 times in 2 weeks.
20 L&B 80p per pack :wink: :wink: )

We stayed at the Aeneas Hotel in Ayia Napa in 2006, Adams Beach 2005 and Olympic Lagoon 2003
I stayed in ayia napa at the napa plaza last summer. The beach in ayia is ok but Nissib beach is much nicer. We had a car so it only took us 5 mins to get there. The bars at the beach were fun. Lots of r n b and dance music. There are also lots of wet tshirt competitions and drinking competitions. For night life though ayia napa centre is the place to go. Nissi area was too quiet for me night life wise but ayia napa centre may be to noisey for some people. Just preference I suppose
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.