Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi

The only address I can see in their website is probably the one you've tried:- reservations@sofianna.com

And the contact form that's displayed on their site.
a lot of Cypriot hotels are not opening till mid/late may this year [many more are not opening at all] if you have time leave it a couple of weeks and try again

wizard
Hi both
yes, I did try the reservations one. I will give it a couple of weeks as you suggested Wizard

Thank you
Dawnie-Rob :wave
Just done a dummy booking on their website Dawnie-Rob and it's letting me book for this Thursday.
Hi
Did get a reply eventually, not particularly helpful, said maybe able to get the wi fi in some of the rooms,
but not all :que

Dawnie-Rob
At a guess its likely that the main bar/restaurant/reception area will be where they have set up a wireless router for broadband, so if you are in a room close to that, then you might get on...

If you think about it logically they wouldn't want to put it somewhere that people could sit out of the way or even people passing on the street etc, rather than making you sit somewhere like the bar where you would spend money etc...
There are no lifts at the Sofianna. It is low rise and the rooms are accessed via a maze of corridors and small flights of steps. We were originally allocated a room miles from reception which hubby and I checked out leaving MIL at reception. We went back and asked if there was anything available nearer reception as MIL wouldn't have been able to negotiate all those steps and they changed us to the first room as you exited reception which was perfect.

Perhaps if you ask for a room near reception you will be able to pick up the wifi.
Hi there
thank you for the advice. My son has rather a large laptop 17in and he loves it. Don't know if he would like to sit in public with it though. He has ASD (aspergers) and I don't know if he would like to sit there, he likes his privacy.

Dawnie-Rob
You could email them approx 2 weeks before arrival and ask for a room near reception. I have found when I have made requests by email, I haven't received a reply, but the request was honoured.

luci :wave
yes,
I have emailed hotels etc in the past and have more or less got what I asked for. Normally I give them a bit of flannel, and then ask nicely. :D

Dawn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.