Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
It sounds to me like the transaction " timed out " you have said you were typing in details for quite a time , I would check your online banking again to check no payment has gone and then rebook , if a transaction had been made with ryanair then I imagine you would have a reference/ confirmation number , if you haven't I don't think you have a booking .
Just ring them to check. I had a similar problem a while ago. They looked to see if there was anything on their system. There wasn't, so I just went through the booking process again. The guy I spoke to was very helpful.
It may also be worth checking you don't have pop-ups blocked for the site just in case the payment should open in a small window... but it does sound to me like you took too long to confirm all the details and it simply "timed out" during the payment procedure.
oddly enough I had a similar problem yesterday with a Ryanair booking, but this was in the morning.

I went through all the usual stuff and after putting in our card details etc then pressed continue to make the booking and for some reason (without me pressing anything) it went back to the initial booking page !

No confirmed page you get nor an email, nothing. I have made a few bookings in the past week or two so a little surprised to see what had happened. Looked at my future bookings on the website and this one wasn't there.

Thinking the booking had been aborted by the Ryanair website I went to make it again and at the point of selecting seats noticed the 2 seats I had previously booked were still showing as red (reserved) - so had my original booking happened/accepted or not /failed ?

Called Ryanair and they said if I hadn't got a email confirmation my booking had not completed and no monies would be taken and I needed to make the booking again.

When I asked about my reserved seats still showing as reserved they said that these would be released back, in about an hour or so, to be available for booking again.

Made another booking successfully and reserved other seats as those I had originally wanted 'hadn't been released' for rebooking.

Looked this morning and the original booked seats now free and available for someone to book !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.