Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I can understand why they would want to do that but its not very tourist friendly.
The reason they are giving are that the signs are too close to the road and cause a distraction/obstruct visability to motorists.
Bars /rest can have them up provided its on private land not close to the road
I guess if you're looking at the signposts you won't be seeing the potholes, ramps, ledges, cows, dogs, raised manholes and motorised lunatics that are part of everyday driving in Goa! :omg

I don't understand why those in power become fixated on trivia whilst leaving the real criminals (ie. drug dealers) alone. Does anybody think it could be anything to do with money? :rofl
In a peanut shell the signs where removed because they where illegally erected, some where so dangerous they where about to fall down, :( others where so low that a 6ft person would lose the top of his/her head. :whoops

Lez
some of the signs were illegal but the majority had valid licences and the owners paid the panachyat yearly to have them erected.
all the signs were taken down due to the governments rule that they were to close to the main road causing obstruction of views to motorists, it was clearly stated in the local papers and the owners had the opportunity to take them down before the panachyat did, they are not issuing licences this year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.