Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
The thing with a shuttle is that it will have to wait until everyone booked is on board before it can leave - that means that if someone who is sharing the transport is last to get their suitcase ( it might be yourself!) then you may have a bit of a wait. I think most shuttle companies will be the same. It can take up to 2 hours if they are dropping off in Marmaris first before going to Icmeler which we experienced ourselves! Perhaps you could book a one way private transfer from Dalaman to Icmeler ( approx £37), that way you know there's no hanging about once you've collected your luggage and you can get straight to the resort, no stopping. And just book a shuttle for going back to the airport when it's less stressful.
thanks
all private transfers ive priced are £45 one way, its the 2 hrs transfer that is daunting,
im debating as to ether i should change my flight to bodrum area with short transfer, ive been to olu deniz, want to try some where else

does anyone have anythoughts on calis beach, :que
http://www.icmelertransfers.com is advertising £37 one way (haven't used them) - if you do a private transfer will only be approx 1hr 30 mins.
Bodrum is further from Icmeler than Dalaman. Dalaman straight to Icmeler shoudl be less than 1.5 hours.
We used http://www.transfers only.com which was only £30 return in total for the 2 of us

It only uses 14 seater minibuses. Whilst you may ahve too wait for othet flights to come in up to 1 hour we were away from dalaman after collecting our cases in just over 35 minutes. All the people on our transfer arrived on the same flight, so its just luck really. They asked if we wanted to stop no one did and we dropped folk off at Marmaris 1 hour 25 minutes later, well worth the money

Stewart
hi
thanks everyone (mags i meant bodrum flight and go go resort in that area)
Try Icmeler Online - we've used them several times now and their service is great. They're always ready and waiting for you at the airport, and it's much quicker than the package operators' coaches. No "comfort stop", unless you specifically ask them to make one, and they have water onboard in a cool box, which is an added bonus.
It may not be as bad as you think. Is it at night? if so there won't be much to see outside but when you know its going to take that long you just resign to it. During the day they have a stop half way. We've faced long transfers before now. From Dalaman to Kas and from Marmaris to Fethiye for our second week. they didn't seem as bad as we were expecting.
thanks
i know morning flights both ways, i will have to settle my self and get used to the fact wether i like it or not, i think ill do shuttle when i arrive and taxi to airport , wouldnt be as bad :cheers
I think they stop no matter what the hour! Each trip to marmaris 3 times we have stopped on arrival and all in the small hours 3/4/5 am ish!!

Still I like the break, If you have a wait at the airport just ask the rep or driver how long and just leave your luggauge on the coach and go to the little cafe in the dalaman airport car park. Enjoy every moment :tup

However on 2 occasions we have booked a shuttle with resorthoppa and have never had to wait much not any length of time to moan about, I bet they fill up a shuttle bus up per flight anyway! :sun2
I used A2B shuttle this year and it did stop for a break in a cafe. However only waited about 10 mins at the airport.
Try marmaris-transfers.com for a private transfer. I think they are charging £40 for a taxi for 2 people, they have a web site, speak and write English and are very efficient.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.