Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
Norway prices
7 Posts
Thanks Glynis, they must earn alot !!
A friend of mine is working in Norway at the moment. He has a summer job and earns three times more than at home. But he sais it is pretty expensive to go out and have food or drinks. He prefers staying at home to save his money - otherwise he would probably spend it all ;)
Cruised to Norway here last year, when we visited, we saw, 35NK for a punnet of Strawberries, 109NK for a Burger and Coke, chips 15NK extra. It was 8.60NK for £1, so that makes the burger £12.60. (2012 prices).
A Mr Whippy type icecream was £4-50, I saw a sign for fish and chips at £16, A pint was £ 12-£16. Coffee was ONLY £ 3
We went for the first time in about 1992 and a pint of lager in a bar near the Bryggen in Bergen was £7. A young lad in the bar opened his wallet and it was stacked with notes so yes, I do believe their salaries are compatible with the cost of living but now you know why the Scandinavians all have so much fun when they head off to Greece etc for their holidays!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.