Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Norwegian Air?
18 Posts
Woody's Girl ,

Welcome onboard :tup
I think you mean Norwegian Air Shuttle? They're an established airline that are opening a Gatwick base.

Darren
hmm yes that sounds like them. Just wanted to see how they compared with other budget airlines such as Ryanair or are they all much of a muchness?
Woody's Girl,

They'll be using the same aircraft type with similar interior so in terms of comfort, they'll not be much in it. It's just the booking, service and boarding procesures etc that you may notice a difference.

Darren
In case readers are not aware, Norwegian now operate and intend to further expand operations out fo Gatwick to various destinations outside Scandinavia. Also recently, without much in way of publicity, they swapped the usual 737 800 seies on the Oslo route with 787 dreamliner for training/proofing. They are now a credible alternate to Easy/Monarch on some routes.
I have used them many times, very good airline, they have new 737's great crews and never had any delays with them. Being a Norwegian airline the costs of food and drink on their aircraft is quite high compared to Ryanair and UK airlines. They also have wifi on their aircraft mostly.

One of the better airlines for short haul IMHO.
Good to hear that you like them...and i bet the food quality is better than RYR and EZY

Love the tails of their aircraft - all different with famous /historical faces. Shame i never had the time to fly on their 787 when on the OSL route.
Norwegian will operate the 787 from Gatwick from April 14. Destinatiuons will be Fort Lauderdale and LA.

Nivsy
just booked 2 return flights with norwegian gatwick to palma next may cost £40 each, happy days ;)
I wish they'd start flying from Manchester.
They really do offer a credible competition to EasyJet on European routes from Gatwick ...also New York JFK has been added as a destination in addition to Fort Lauderdale and LA using the 787 from LGW.
I am patiently waiting for the LA flights,to be loaded for return about the 1st nov next year.i really hope they continue to fly there in nov,as the cot dates,don't fit in,with our plans.
Tracy x
Has anybody got recent experience of Norwegian air ? Had a look round the net and seems a mixed bag of reviews there but mainly the long haul flights.

Looking to use them in a few weeks Birmingham to Malaga = £43 return :)
We flew with them in February to Alicante. Couldn't fault them. Comfy seats and free so fi on board. We didn't buy any food or snacks which I believe are pricy, but we never do anyway on short haul flights.

We got a really good price for our flights,- £ 58 each return which was in the february half term holidays.
I would use them again.
Thomson holidays are using them on certain routes this year.
We booked the flights on Saturday and took the option to reserve seats - £9 each way but that included extra leg room.

Will post review, maybe even mid-flight if the wifi is upto it ;)

Did look for flights in early June to alicante but prices were sky high (excuse the pun) compared to Ryanair
Got back from hols this morning.

Highly recommend Norwegian air.
Nice new aircraft with the thinner leather recaro seats, larger overhead baggage bins.
Drinks/food service much quicker than the rival airlines and staff friendly. We had booked extra legroom seats, normally it's a quick presentation to all 4 sets of seats in one go, they actually go to the trouble of speaking individually to each of the 4 people adjacent to the emergency exits to make sure you understand 100% how it works and whats expected of you.

Boarding seemed much more organised
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.