Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Oh dear Milly :shock:

This is why we always go on holiday alone!! Outlaws in particular can be hellish holiday companions!!

Im sorry but you made me laugh out loud at your Mother in laws quest for a lamb chop. No need to ask if you will be taking her away with you again :lol:

Sorry to hear about your Brother in laws mugging, no one deserves that. Although maybe he should have been more sensible parading his wealth around his neck.
You poor thing.... However your post did make me chuckle!
I hate to admit it- but your post made me laugh as well. I know it must have been annoying though.
OMG! Milly, How awful, Great story about the Lamb chops though.

It sounds like a good name "Bother in Law" :shock: Q: do you know if it was other tourists or locals that mugged him? if it was I'm shocked. However it may have been out of state people coming to work the season in Goa?

I hope you have a wonderful time in march
thanks folks.......we cant wait for march either and the eternal quest & search for the perfect lambchop dinner in goa WILL not be continuing then i can assure you we will be by ourselves!

as for b-in-laws mugging we think from his garbled tale it was indians but whether local goans or not we have no idea. all our local goan friends were horrified that it happened and i think a bit mystified as to why we didnt seem to show a lot of sympathy for him. i wouldnt wish that to happen to anyone but going off drunk to somewhere you dont know by yourself in a foreign country is not really very clever esp with those huge shiny bike chains round your neck!
he did report it to calangute police for an insurance claim & also managed to get interviewed by someone from lonely planet about his experience..........cant wait to read it bet its not the whole truth!! :wink:
ahh you hit the nail on the head he is part of the gold chains no brains brigade :D Sounds a nightmare but i must admit did make me chuckle a wee bit :oops:
Good report did make me chuckle :oops:

I hope you have a great time in March (so good that it wipes the bad memories away)!
Poor milly :( but I am sure March will be much better when its just the two of you.
I dont mind meeting other folk for a drink or a meal, but we do prefer to go on our own. Can suit yourself and do exactly what you want to do.
Hope you have a great trip in March must be honest though your report made me laugh too :lol: :oops:
:D :D Mrstella out of all the funny stories above your one Gold chains no brains made me :rofl :rofl the most
A story well told Milly, i enjoyed your posts last year about the lambchops - "you can choose your friends.but.........!"

I do not condone violence in any way but i'm glad he got chinned! :twisted:
Well i must say I think it is a very amusing tale, and I had a good lol shame about the mugging but actually that was one of the funniest parts SORRY
That's such a shame! Good job you are going back for a proper holiday next year!

I think I must just be lucky - we go to Goa every year with my inlaws (and even on our honeymoon - different aprts of course!) and have a great time. In fact they can outdo myselfand my husband!
That really was a great read Milly, sorry about your holiday, have a lovely time in March.

Sue
*Makes mental note not to take family* great read, what was he thinking wearing all that bling :shock: Have a great time in March, might even see you at one of the meets i`m there 8 - 22 :wink:
Thas what i thought feelthevibe. wouldnt the sun make the bling very hot, then burn him? 8)

It made an excellent read milly, thanks for sharing the story with us and hope you have a good holiday next time :)
just wondered Milly,
but two years ago we sat next to a couple with an "older woman" who was seriousley concerned about not being able to find lamb chops on the menu..................... just wondered!!!

Also there in March, flying on the 5/6th to the Phoenix park

Del949
hi del
if you were on a monarch flight out of gatwick in march 2 years ago it may well have been us, i find it hard to believe theres MORE than one person on the goan lambchop quest out there........scary thought! :shock:
not flown from Gatwick, I meant sitting next to in a restaurant, but can't remember which.
del949
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.