General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Personally, I couldn't manage in the summer with just hand luggage - I wouldn't even attempt it at this time of year :que I'd never do it
I could manage in the summer, by drastically cutting my allowance, and mixing and matching clothing for the week.

I might just about get away with it, but will have to see. I have been on Ryanair's website and I can add a 15k suitcase allowance for 30 pounds, so might just get 1 just in case.
You need to reconsider the clothes you are taking. Don't take jeans in luggage. They weigh too much and are bulky. Wear jeans, a couple of tops, a cardigan and a jacket - if the jacket has pockets load them up with underwear, socks etc.

Take cotton outdoor trousers, they are warmer, much lighter and pack up smaller, they can also be washed as they dry quickly. If you take a pair which have a zip off section you have a pair of shorts and long trousers in one.

Same with other garments - look for light and compact. For example, don't take cardigans, consider lightweight baselayers which are worn under your clothes.
I always take one hold bag when travelling with Ryannair,you can then take your favourite toiletries and with your hand luggage have enough room for several outfits,much easier in my opinion than trying to work out what will fit in your hand luggage.
Looks like I will have to take 1 hold bag, as my OH couldnt live without his jeans, and they are quite heavy. I thought it was women who's suitcases weigh more than mens cases :rofl

Suppose it's only an extra 15 pounds per person, so not too bad.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.