General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
The Canary Islands will still be hot at that time of the year. You can still find lots of culture there - hire a car, buy a guide book and get out a bit. You can learn about the volcanic history of the islands, the Guanches (natives) before the Spanish "invasion"; see where Columbus made his last stop before the voyage to discover America, and see the gentle way of life in the countryside and mountains.
After a lovely day of culture you can come back to your resort and enjoy a nice meal and drink in a selection of places.
I would perhaps stay away from Playa de las Americas, Playa del Ingles, Puerto Rico - these places are geared towards the young & lively and the cheap & cheerful set, but you should still be able to get some good deals (especially in October) for a nice area.
Just beware the package holiday prices will increase for October half-term!
I went to Icmeler last October and the weather was beautiful.
The amount of excellent restaurants there means that the prices are very very competitive.
Its a lovely time of year to visit and the rate of exchange means you get more for your pound than Euro zone countries.
I have been to Tangiers in Morrocco but Turkey wins hand down.(I am not sure where in North Africa you were thinking about)
I agree, try Turkey. You will get good weather and it is very reasonable when you get there.
Egypt (red sea) would be my choice or how about morocco :)
Thanks for the replies so far.

SWMBO has suggested Cyprus and the guide from "World Reviewer" seems promising. As always I am more interested in personal experience than internet sites recs.

Cheers.

T.
We always go to Cyprus at the beginning of October and have always found the weather to be perfect :)
Cyprus after the 3rd week of october the weather can break down, but on a good year it will last into early november. Red Sea hot through out of october and into november and its guaranteed sunshine where the other destinations like cyprus, turkey and the canaries can be more unsettled on the odd day. Sharm october temps range from low 80's to low 90's November mid to high 70's to mid 80's
i am going to Tunisia at the end of October
End of oct in tunisia you have a high chance the temps will be from the low 70's to the low 80's and the temps might hit mid to high 80's on the odd day but if the weather is bad you are looking at 60f to 70f but it doesn't happen often.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.