Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Have a great time Tony :D

We went to Cavtat last year and loved Croatia - it's a really beautiful country and I'm sure that you will have a brilliant holiday.

We went in June and although we had a few days of rain and thunderstorms the rest of the time the weather was gorgeous.

Did you get some 'jelly' shoes for your daughter as I don't know about Porec area but the beaches we saw were all very pebbly and did hurt your feet if you weren't wearing beach shoes.
You will DEFFO need beach shoes - all beaches are pebbly or steps off rocks. Do visit the amphitheatre of Pula and also the villages of Rovinj.
You will need Kuna for Croatia - easily obtained from ATMs.

If you have the opportunity, head north into Slovenia and visit Piran - you will have to park outside the city itself in the car park and take a shuttle bus into the centre because it's so tiny! You'll need Slovenian TOLARS also available from ATMs.

The Croats have wised up substantially about tourism; the Slovenes less so.

They are very kind people and I am sure you will have a great time. If you can speak Italian you will find it is widely understood by the Croats and Slovenes, and also German. English is less understood outside the main tourist centres but everyone is willing to try and a smile works wonders. Have a lovely time. We really enjoyed Istria (both Croat and Slovene), and hope you do too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.