Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
probably too early i know last year i had to wait a while to get prices direct off them
Doepsmc
I just rang eclipse as they are so much cheaper - really think I am going to take the plunge as Alys and Grace have seen the photos and are determined to go! Can't get any flight info for a DIY but cardiff flights are never a bargain!
Lally
lally
that 2700 is that package or room only ,when and how long for
Hi karen
Its flight, twin room described as sleeping 2-3 , balcony.Flying from Cardiff 2nd August next year for 14 nights. Reasonable flights ,not as good as this years but OK.
They gave me a discount on the eldest and a free place for the youngest -don't think I will easily beat this price
Eclipse had no idea where the rooms are situated but thats a chance i am willing to take if I go for it
Lally
ive just got a quote from eclipse for the 3 of us in oct to go there for a week 1438

now ive booked my own flights 406, accommodation through barrhead is 605 and trans about 70 return 1081

so a saving of £357 if i choose to go to lykia in oct
Hi Karen
Good deal!
I would look at DIY if the flights were out but being a bit of a wuss I am a bit scared that if it doesn't work out then this deal will have gone.
Glass of wine and a long hard think tonight if I can find the sofa under all the brochures!!
Eclipse have also given a good quote for Club Letoniaas well but that doesn't seem quite right - don't know why....
Lally
letoonia is supposed to be fab too, have you got a diy hotel only price for lykia ,cos thats the dear bit, you can approx trans 70-80, and flights prob around 250 mark and add that up as a rough idea lol
Hi again
Cheapest flights I found when I was looking at DIY this year were just over 300 from Cardiff
Will price accom only before I leap just in case otherwise i will be spitting feathers - will get onto them this week
I presume their number is on their website?
Lally
yes it is, what about bristol or is that too far, wow £300 is dear ive paid £159 for my july flights this year with goldtrail sayin that they have gone up since from birmingham
Karen
No Bristol is OK but I have "a thing" about it :? If not Cardiff I would prefer to go to B'ham any day :D
Lally
brum flights usually cheap i always fly from there
Hi Lally :D
Will you book Lykia before you have been to the Bel Beach? I haven't shown my kids the brochure pics as I'm not sure I can afford it and don't want to be put under pressure.

Eclipse's Lykia prices are better than anyones at the moment. I would like to be able to do an accurate DIY comparison before jumping. If it worked out hundreds cheaper I would be spitting feathers with you. :roll:

If you get a DIY price for 14 days next Aug, would you mind pm ing me. I think I would be similar for the hotel, plus 1 extra flight ticket, although I am the London airports and think we get the cheapest flights. About the only b :swear thing that is cheap down here. lol.
Hi
Sure will - I am still not sure about Lykia . Still concerned about 3 times to the same area. The kids love the idea but the other concern for me is the location. I like to get out and have a good look around when I feel like it
Am going to contact them this week for prices though before I do something I may regret!
Lally
:thanks
I have reservations about it as well, the location being one of them. I know I shouldn't book until I have been this year.
hi girls . Thats a bit of a dilema there . Lally . is this your 2nd time to Olu this year? maybe by next year you may feel you want to try another part of Turkey. We did after going to olu twice and went to icmeler. We had a great time but prefered Olu and now i want to go back there but try another hotel. Set my heart on BB :D .

Doepsmc. I know your really keen to book something and get a good deal but see how you go with the heat yet . We have never been in July before , always end May and im told july/August is unbearable . We are going to try it next year :yikes as we really wont know until we try but There is little breeze in Olu if any and thats in may!!you may also find that once you have stayed in town you will take the people you meet , bar owners, shop keepers to your heart and they are a big pull to make you return not just the area. I know Lykia is a wonderful place and of course you will love it but You will need to keep coming back to town to get your fix of the locals. If it were the other way round and you had been to lykia first you wouldnt know any difference.
sorry i think im coming across a bit negative and im not suppossed to be. suppossed to be meaning it in a happy ,I want to go back way.

Karen maybe able to help you there too.

lyn
there are taxis outside lykia and last year these were about £5 into olu , a few of my friends actually walked a few times but not me too hot and far, its about 1 1/2 miles outside olu deniz. im like you lally dont like to be hotel bound, even with all that goes on in lykia i still wanted to go out and about, the bad thing was that the free taxis to the lagoon werent allowed to collect from lykia which was a pain. a few times we ordered our own mini buses as a lot cheaper because there was 30 of us but boy did the taxis outside shout and argue with the drivers it got a bit nasty, even though these mini buses dont belong to lykia they act as if they do, this was the only bad bit. but lykia is stunning scenery ,food to die for and if you dont mind paying £5 for taxi it was 5 mins away to olu, if we wanted to go to hisaronu then we bartered a price making sure it wasnt much more than taxi to olu and then dolmus to hisaronu combined. its a brilliant place especially for the kids, i would like to go back again 1 day but due to having so many hols cant afford it unless i cut back my hols to 2 a year instead of 5-6 lol
Thanks both!
I think I need to forget about next year and enjoy this holiday first!
I went to Olu last August , returning this august and to be honest we all coped well with the weather sespite it being high 40s every day but 1. The room air con was super efficient so sleeping was no problem.
I just hpoe we enjoy as much as last year :D
lally
You will enjoy it just as much Lally .Trouble is you start thinking you need to go somewhere else and then when you get there you wish you were back in Olu. :lol:
oh god - high 40s I just new it. i think I was trying to block the reality out. I think i might be able to cope with high 30s i just dont know about that high. Was it really sweaty and did it make you restless??
Lyn
No it was OK - I understand that there was a heatwave and low 40s was more usual :D
Took a few days to settle in but then it was fine - did most of our exploring (Kata Koy etc, shops) late afternoon /early evening. The only time we really struggled was at the market in Fethiye ... but that was 51 (or so we were told by the rep next day!!)
Lally
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.