Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
In the title it states credit card charges, but in the text it states debit card charges. Now is it one, the other or both?
:think Skyscanner say card charges so I presume they, themselves, mean both.
Hi Both,

You're not wrong - that news story is very confusing and worse yet for you guys it's led to the wrong conclusions being drawn! The OFT ruling concerns debit cards only NOT credit cards. Debit cards are effectively free to process while credit card companies do incur a fee, which is why it was so unfair that debit card charges were being imposed. Plus, how are else are you going to pay online?!

As ever at Holiday Truths we're trying to make the serious business of taking a holiday as simple as possible so visit this latest blog post http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/blog/oft-victory-on-airline-debit-card-payments/ to find out exactly how the changes will impact you the consumer.
I contacted TravelMole and they emailed me back within an hour to say their title was wrong and they have now amended it.

I knew it was debit cards that was meant, but was just highlighting how it read.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.