Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
Hey there,
I hope I can help. I went to the Oktoberfest 2010 and it was pretty crazy but an absolute great time. It goes on for the whole time and even wednesday are busy in the tents. You can't book tables at the beer tents - it's first come first served but if you show up 1-2 hours before it gets really busy (around 8 or 9) you should be good to go. You don't need a seat to get beer or food but you do need a place at the table. On the busy nights, they were hoisting people on top of the tables to the point where everyone was huddled together, drinking, and standing on the tables. I don't remember exactly what the prices were but it was dirt cheap and you got massive servings. Make sure you book your hotel as soon as possible because they fill up very quickly, and many hotels will actually inflate their prices up to 200% if you try to book to close to the event. You should be pretty central with the place you're planning on staying and the transportation is actually incredibly easy to figure out - there is a subway station that exits directly into the entrance. Hope that helps! Also, think about budgeting in getting yourself a traditional drindel (german outfit) when you're there. Everyone wears them and its a great souvenir to take home with you. They can be anywhere from 60-200 Euros and are sold throughout the whole festival. Just a thought. Well good luck and I hope that helped!

I think it can be very funny to celebrate your birthday at the oktoberfest in munich. but it will be very hard too. much people ( lot of them drunk :tongue ) and the locations are very full. so you better book a reservation in a location. the beer prices are high, but hey---you only have one 30th birthday--- enjoy your visit and tell us when you are back :tup
Hi,
I went to the oktoberfest few years back... my god! I had never seen anything like it before... A must go!
And Munich is such a pretty town
1.no you dont have to book,but it can take a while to get a seat for 4 aduts inside the tent,outside its relativly easy,the earlier you come the more likley you will get a seat.

2.still busy but not as busy as at the weekends

3.about 10€ with a few cents tip

5.yes you can reach the oktoberfest easily with the underground train or the bus from munich centre
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.