EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
i bought an apartment in akyaka about 2 years ago although not there
How oten do you stay there, what is Akyaka like in the winter?I should imagine everything closes down, have you been there out of season?
sorry for later reply just come back from turkey today, we stayed in akyaka for 3 weeks this summer and ive visited quite a few times in the winter but not stayed over night, most places stay open all year round as its only a small resort with people living there, the only thing that isnt open is the small wooden huts selling gifts and the odd restaurant but generally everything else stays open. i love akyaka all year round and some brits live there full time, but its lovely for a holiday but i couldnt live there all year as its too quiet for us
Yes we love Akyaka and are looking forward to spending time there. We bought our apartment off plan, and seems to be taking forever to complete. Did you find the buying process easy? Our apartment is at the top of the hill, next to the forest.
i was lucky that my mother lives there and dealt with it all for us as we also bought before it was built, we bought it with her, it did take ages and she had to sit in offices for hours sorting things out and only recently we found out after a few years that 1 of the apts didnt have a water meter so had to pay for all of that, as we bought 2 together. we went to see some last year that were at the top of akyaka on the right hand side and they were triplex with a small pool around £70,000 are these yours, they looked nice, we were thinking of selling our 2 small ones and buying 1 of those. but didnt sell in time, akyaka houses are difficult to sell, the housing market in turkey has slowed down too so that doesnt help. so we have still got them, 1 is rented long term to a turkish man and the other we rent privately short term or use ourselves
Our complex is on the left as you look up the hill from the beach, near the top, the apartment we have reserved is right next to where the forest begins. Did you notice much building going on up there when you were there, we have not been out this year. Is it the garden apartment that you rent out for short lets? Just thinking ahead , in case we go out next year!
hi

yes its the garden apt we rent out for short lets and use ourselves. to be honest i didnt notice any building work going on this summer, but i wasnt really looking,and we didnt go up the top end very much only to the idyma hotel and krystal restaurant
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.