America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Hi Lou Lou

Do you know when the Harry Potter theme park will open next year?
It is not actually going to be a Harry Potter theme park. They are converting one of the areas at the Islands of Adventure (Universal) into a 'Harry Potter' area. It won't be open for a long time yet I believe.
I think its going to incorporate part of the islands of adventure, around the dueling dragons area. But they are going to be extending that area and new car parks. It was supposed to open late 2009, but now it may be early 2010.

So as we want to do halloween again it will have to be Oct 2010 not Oct 2009. :(
Yes wendy wu, you are right. it is going to be in the Duelling dragons area, but extended. There is more info on the Universal website here http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/index.html if anyone is interested. My feeling is that they have left it rather late. They should have started doing this a lot earlier. By the time it is open, the films will be nearly all done I should think. Already the books are finished. I suspect that interest in Harry Potter may be fading by the time this land opens! But I'm sure we shall all enjoy new rides and attractions anyway.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.